• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,209 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:49 PM

Very excited to tell you guys that I just paid for a new fancy server for us.  There is a very small chance it may be working some time over the weekend.  We'll see as we're in the set up phase right now! 

It is about 4x as powerful as the current server hosting the game!  This should mean much smoother gameplay and less load on the server during peak populations!

Means we can have more

• Legendary Servers
  • Legendary Arizona PVE servers
  • Legendary Arizona  Building Servers
  • Legendary Pinetop Servers
  • Free servers + maybe veteran/novice???

Invite your friends to play Aftermath!  

y-u-no-why-everything-cost-money-artemis

• instanthotmilf, Havi, Ak2Pop and 6 others like this

#2 Gear4th

Gear4th

Tour Guide

• 457 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:55 PM

thats awesome. now we need to find a solution withe the current hacker problem

#3 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,209 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:55 PM

thats awesome. now we need to find a solution withe the current hacker problem

It's called money.  That's the solution.  

• billya and HGHG like this

#4 rubthealoe

rubthealoe

Fresh Meat

• 13 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:59 PM

Fill in the blanks please.

If ____ amount of players bought premium, you would be able to work on anti-cheat?

#5 Gear4th

Gear4th

Tour Guide

• 457 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:08 AM

cant you have something  like ingame mods or maybe veteran servers were people can only join with for example 50 hours till you find a solution.

the game is amazing and you have worked on it as you promised, but this wont make the community fight cheaters the whole day. even on legendary servers i met a nocliper

PS: I also never asked for anticheat since thats not the only way to fix it. ingame mods would be for free which u dont need to pay since they want to do it to have fun which is all they want

Edited by Gear4th, 13 April 2017 - 12:09 AM.

• instanthotmilf likes this

#6 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 937 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:15 AM

It's called money. That's the solution.

If money is the only solution then this project is almost doomed to fail.
How do you expect more people to pay money for this game if it has so many cheaters? New players wont stick around and wont buy premium since the first thing they see when they join is a bunch of plebs noclipping through walls.

The reason this game became unplayable wasnt because all the stupid decisions made towards the end of its development (ofcourse it did contribute to its downfall). It were cheaters, the same ones that are now repeating the same process of destroying what now is your project.

I dont know what you did and how you did it but the game was almost free of cheaters two days ago, and now suddenly they have all made their great return??? This means that it is possible for the game to be almost free of cheaters without needing tons of money.

Edited by Dukeh, 13 April 2017 - 12:22 AM.

• Hawett(FreeZby) likes this

#7 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,209 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:22 AM

If money is the only solution then this project is almost doomed to fail.
How do you expect more people to pay money for this game if it has so many cheaters? New players wont stick around and wont buy premium since the first thing they see when they join is a bunch of plebs noclipping through walls.

The reason this game became unplayable wasnt because all the stupid decisions made towards the end of its development (ofcourse it did contribute to its downfall). It were cheaters, the same ones that are now repeating the same process of destroying what now is your project.

I dont know what you did and how you did it but the game was almost free of cheaters two days ago, and now suddenly they have all made their great return??? This means that it is possible for the game to be almost free of cheaters without needing tons of money.

So, where's a working hack?  Do you know where one is?  This 'supposed' hack that anyone can download and is 'ruining' the game that for some reason none of you geniuses can find?  All you can do is cry?  

Who's going to work for free to program anti-cheat?  Know anyone?  We're in the adult world right now where things cost adult prices.  Hundreds of dollars, thousands of dollars, tens of thousands of dollars.  

Who's paying to set up the new server now that it's been ordered so that it doesn't just sit there like an expensive paper weight?  Oh yea, I am.  Who's paying for IT work to get it set up so you can all enjoy playing on it?  I am.  So, support the game, and we can do anything.  Everything just costs money. This isn't a foreign concept, this is how the world works.  

Beyond money, everything takes TIME.  Time is quite valuable.  One step at a time.  

• LtMackAttack, Amendoim, MichaelQ and 1 other like this

#8 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 937 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:27 AM

So, where's a working hack? Do you know where one is? This 'supposed' hack that anyone can download and is 'ruining' the game?

Ofcourse you don't have to believe me...
I don't use anything myself and i do not speak russian so i doubt i will get acces to any of these cheats.

Two main forms of cheating currently:

Noclipping:
https://youtu.be/UMludBStK5k

The 'auto shotgun':
https://youtu.be/8p65Eee1LXQ

Teamheadzup reported several cheaters to you aswell (PM's, player report section).

There appear to be russians selling their private cheats to eachother. These also need to be dealt with. And if not with a more advanced anti cheat, then perhaps we can look for other possible solutions to make the life of cheaters more difficult as in 'we ask you to verify your email' difficult.
We have to start somewhere.
Noone ever said when you have to do it and that it has to be ready tomorrow morning but i am saying that this is probably the most important thing to work on right now (I would never argue that time is a valuable resource). Way more important as having more items spawn on the map. More items are fancy, not necessary.
Thats just my view on things. Im not asking anyone to agree with it.

What you have achieved so far is already great Art. And i can't thank you enough for what you have done for the game so far and id love to see my favourite game do even better as it did the past couple days. But i know theres no way that it will as long as cheaters are as active as they are now.
And knowing the guys actively ruining the game don't even have to go through a process of verifying their email is indeed bothering me.

Edited by Dukeh, 13 April 2017 - 01:27 AM.

#9 Gear4th

Gear4th

Tour Guide

• 457 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:27 AM

So, where's a working hack?  Do you know where one is?  This 'supposed' hack that anyone can download and is 'ruining' the game that for some reason none of you geniuses can find?  All you can do is cry?  

Who's going to work for free to program anti-cheat?  Know anyone?  We're in the adult world right now where things cost adult prices.  Hundreds dollars, thousands of dollars, tens of thousands of dollars.  

we dont need good anticheat ;(. all hardcore aftermath players just need for example few ingame devs or maybe veteran servers or anything else which the community can find a solution for maybe in ur next dev blog. but you will see soon as duke said the projext wont keep for long. (also i am collecting all my cheater deaths which i can show you and it wont take long since every single server i join and go to bam i die to cheater and this is since the last 2 days already)

#10 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 937 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:41 AM

Atleast Ban Reported cheater helps alot , too.

Then they make a new account in under 3 minutes.
Best thing to do is just make it as difficult as possible for them.

#11 theHOFF

theHOFF

Fresh Meat

• 2 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:54 AM

Take me 1 min to find that cheat what they probably use...

#12 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 937 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:58 AM

Most Hackers give there loot away. They know they get banned. Maybe we get some protection like thz confirm email. Maybe ingame live support.

Just making it so that everyone has to validate his email would be quite a difference already...
Then perhaps a 1-2 hours of minimum playtime before being able to enter official servers?
Small things that could have a large impact. This way i would actualy feel usefull when reporting cheaters since right now it takes me more time to report them as it takes them to make a new account and start cheating again lol.

#13 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,209 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:14 AM

Take me 1 min to find that cheat what they probably use...

Really, but does it work?  Cuz all the ones that are easy to find don't work for some reason?  

#14 Gear4th

Gear4th

Tour Guide

• 457 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:18 AM

Really, but does it work?  Cuz all the ones that are easy to find don't work for some reason?  

this cheat is a privat cheat from a guy whos selling it for 10 euros. and theres is a discord where he ha shis customers buying it and people can get anonymous in there and find the source^^

#15 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,209 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:23 AM

Can we get that Email stuff going?

Yea are you gonna program it or what's going on here?  Let's make it happen!  

#16 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 937 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:33 AM

Sry thats not my job:) just asking polity if there is a possibilty to make that happen. I can melt Aluminium if thats needed.

Lets build an Aluminium Anti-Cheat togheter shall we?
  • Zombiehunter Bob likes this

#17 Prevest

Prevest

Tour Guide

• TRANSLATOR
  • 418 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:00 AM

novice/vetera server's are great!!!!
100 hrs novice server's will be great ! :)

Edited by Prevest, 13 April 2017 - 02:09 AM.

#18 Tathari

Tathari

Fresh Meat

• 41 posts
  • LocationWashington state

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:25 AM

I know that im just a lowly noob and not as well known as Dukeh or others but we need to give artemis some breathing room and get off his back. The cheaters ARE a problem and we all know this. I know this you guys know this AK knows this. I have died to no clipping and the russian with the auto shotgun and speed hacks just as much as the next guy but we need to stay optimistic and trust artemis and take on one problem at a time. 

• LtMackAttack likes this

#19 billya

billya

Community Dev

• COMMUNITY DEV
  • 692 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:10 AM

If you want to avoid cheaters, play in the Legendary server. If they're stupid enough to cheat there, then they'll buy another acct and so on.

Eventually, with that cycle, we'll have the money for a better anti-cheat.

#20 Dokusei

Dokusei

Fresh Meat

• 37 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:27 AM

Just making it so that everyone has to validate his email would be quite a difference already...
Then perhaps a 1-2 hours of minimum playtime before being able to enter official servers?
Small things that could have a large impact. This way i would actualy feel usefull when reporting cheaters since right now it takes me more time to report them as it takes them to make a new account and start cheating again lol.

Maybe you shouldn't be noclipping through walls if you think hacking is bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users