• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Raymolfin

Raymolfin

I Love Aftermath

• 544 posts
  • LocationMoms basement.

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:34 PM

I would like to see a skill tree, implemented in Aftermath. Where you "purchase" skills with experience points gained from quests, zombie kills or liberations. Although I was inspired by the skill tree in WarZ, I do not want it to be like that. The major flaw with the skill tree in WarZ was that;

1. The skills were overpowered

2. You could acquire every single skill on it.

3. There was no challenge in matching your skill tree with your playstyle when you could get everything.

So I have come up with my own concept, and I've made a sketch in photoshop to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Sketch: http://imgur.com/XJruCg0

I would like to see a skill tree where you have to choose a branch, which you will be locked to for the rest of your time. Whereas when you purchase the first level skill on the Survivalist tree, the Aggressor and Adventurer tree will be off limits. The core idea is that you have to really think to yourself, which branch suits your playstyle the most.

Of course, the skills I've picked out are not balanced and should not be seen as a final, although I've tried to come up with skills that wouldn't make the other branches seem worthless. I want it to be a tough decision to choose between the different branches.

The "Tree Base" is skills that every player will have to purchase in order to choose their branch, these skills are not meant to be that powerful, but nonetheless useful.

Tree Base Skills

• Increased backpack slots level 1 (Add X amount of slots to the player's backpack)

• Increased stamina level 1 (Increase the player's stamina with X%)

• Resistant (The player is X% less likely to get infected when attacked by a zombie)

Survivalist Branch

• Hunger level 1 (Food and water decreases X% slower)

• Take a breather (Health regenerates X% faster when near a bonfire) - I know your health already regenerates when standing by a fire, this skill makes it faster.

• Stalker (The player's footsteps becomes X% quieter)

• Hunger level 2 (Food and water decreases X% slower)

• Undead (The zombie detection radius towards the player decreases with X%)

• Vigorous (The player is now able to consume raw food and dirty water without getting sick) - Raw food won't give as much, but you won't get sick.

Aggressor Branch

• Zombie Smasher (Melee damage towards zombies increase by X%)

• Eavesdrop (Hear gun fire from further away)

• Increased lung capacity level 1 (Hold your breath longer while aiming with a sniper)

• Increased stamina level 2 (Increase the player's stamina with X%)

• Increased lung capacity level 2 (Hold your breath longer while aiming with a sniper)

• Field Medic (All bandages will now be able to heal a full bleeding)

Adventurer Branch

• Stuntman (Take X% less fall damage)

• Strong Like Bull (Backpack weight increases with X%)

• Increased backpack slots level 2 (Add X amount of slots to the player's backpack)

• Strong Like Bull level 2 (Backpack weight increases with X%)

• Scout (Know the location of helicopter crashes X time before everybody else)

• Strong Like Bull level 3 (Backpack weight increases with X%)

• instanthotmilf, Mattienso, HellVenge and 2 others like this

#2 ImQuick

ImQuick

I Love Aftermath

• 751 posts
  • LocationOut killing a bambi...

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

Interesting, this is a real skill tree! I would love to see this in the game, tweaked of course. 

• Raymolfin likes this

#3 Psychological

Psychological

Fresh Meat

• 29 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:09 PM

I like this idea, gives something to do other than get destroyed by clans of 8.

• Raymolfin likes this

#4 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,196 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:16 PM

Looks nice.  This is something that is on our list of things to implement.  Skill trees are an important part of progressing your account in MMO's.  

It also gives us something to use zombie experience on and other experience based rewards from quests etc.  

• Raymolfin likes this

#5 Mam

Mam

Noob Squad

• 134 posts
  • LocationTrying to get barricades

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

god please no

#6 Reyzz

Reyzz

Weed Machine

• 225 posts
  • LocationBelgium The land of chocolate and beer

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:30 AM

Stalker (The player's footsteps becomes X% quieter)

Scout (Know the location of helicopter crashes X time before everybody else)

These wont be a good idea IMO, they would give u such an advantage 

The others sound decent enough and wont give u any advantage over another player in pvp

#7 Mam

Mam

Noob Squad

• 134 posts
  • LocationTrying to get barricades

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:14 AM

how about experiences getting for PvP kills ?
  • BaydaL likes this

#8 N3MESIS93

N3MESIS93

Fresh Meat

• 25 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:06 AM

Add more pvp skills ? What do you want more ? With level 3 you are tough; theire is praticly any drop bullet, no spread... I'm not sure that add skill who make player stronger, more stronger be a good idea...

#9 Havi

Havi

Too much Monday, not enough coffee

• 2,502 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:09 AM

The Skill Tree is not there yet, so no need to complain yet. When it's ready we can discuss what should be added and what not.

#10 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 934 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:26 AM

The skill tree should only offer minor advantages though.

Edited by Dukeh, 19 June 2017 - 11:27 AM.

• instanthotmilf likes this

#11 instanthotmilf

instanthotmilf

Tour Guide

• 383 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:54 AM

I wish skill tree wont have impact on pvp .
  • Raymolfin and Dukeh like this

#12 WeirdRicegrain

WeirdRicegrain

Survivor

• 227 posts
  • LocationIn space

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:50 AM

You could make it so like for a spotter skill tree, since AK will implement barricade time to 45 minutes max before it gets destroyed. Then the spotter could interact with the barricade and see when it was last placed in minutes, which actually would make sense.

#13 Karti20

Karti20

I can do it! I guess...

• COMMUNITY DEV
  • 717 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:53 AM

You could make it so like for a spotter skill tree, since AK will implement barricade time to 45 minutes max before it gets destroyed. Then the spotter could interact with the barricade and see when it was last placed in minutes, which actually would make sense.

bad idea, would eat alot of people memory, would require a useless part of a flash to be codded.

imagine the cry of people about thier game freezing

• WeirdRicegrain likes this

#14 WeirdRicegrain

WeirdRicegrain

Survivor

• 227 posts
  • LocationIn space

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:55 AM

bad idea, would eat alot of people memory, would require a useless part of a flash to be codded.

imagine the cry of people about thier game freezing

You got a point...

#15 Romppa62

Romppa62

Fresh Meat

• NEW USER
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:00 PM

I would like to see a skill tree, implemented in Aftermath. Where you "purchase" skills with experience points gained from quests, zombie kills or liberations. Although I was inspired by the skill tree in WarZ, I do not want it to be like that. The major flaw with the skill tree in WarZ was that;

1. The skills were overpowered

2. You could acquire every single skill on it.

3. There was no challenge in matching your skill tree with your playstyle when you could get everything.

So I have come up with my own concept, and I've made a sketch in photoshop to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Sketch: http://imgur.com/XJruCg0

I would like to see a skill tree where you have to choose a branch, which you will be locked to for the rest of your time. Whereas when you purchase the first level skill on the Survivalist tree, the Aggressor and Adventurer tree will be off limits. The core idea is that you have to really think to yourself, which branch suits your playstyle the most.

Of course, the skills I've picked out are not balanced and should not be seen as a final, although I've tried to come up with skills that wouldn't make the other branches seem worthless. I want it to be a tough decision to choose between the different branches.

The "Tree Base" is skills that every player will have to purchase in order to choose their branch, these skills are not meant to be that powerful, but nonetheless useful.

Tree Base Skills

• Increased backpack slots level 1 (Add X amount of slots to the player's backpack)

• Increased stamina level 1 (Increase the player's stamina with X%)

• Resistant (The player is X% less likely to get infected when attacked by a zombie)

Survivalist Branch

• Hunger level 1 (Food and water decreases X% slower)

• Take a breather (Health regenerates X% faster when near a bonfire) - I know your health already regenerates when standing by a fire, this skill makes it faster.

• Stalker (The player's footsteps becomes X% quieter)

• Hunger level 2 (Food and water decreases X% slower)

• Undead (The zombie detection radius towards the player decreases with X%)

• Vigorous (The player is now able to consume raw food and dirty water without getting sick) - Raw food won't give as much, but you won't get sick.

Aggressor Branch

• Zombie Smasher (Melee damage towards zombies increase by X%)

• Eavesdrop (Hear gun fire from further away)

• Increased lung capacity level 1 (Hold your breath longer while aiming with a sniper)

• Increased stamina level 2 (Increase the player's stamina with X%)

• Increased lung capacity level 2 (Hold your breath longer while aiming with a sniper)

• Field Medic (All bandages will now be able to heal a full bleeding)

Adventurer Branch

• Stuntman (Take X% less fall damage)

• Strong Like Bull (Backpack weight increases with X%)

• Increased backpack slots level 2 (Add X amount of slots to the player's backpack)

• Strong Like Bull level 2 (Backpack weight increases with X%)

• Scout (Know the location of helicopter crashes X time before everybody else)

• Strong Like Bull level 3 (Backpack weight increases with X%)

#16 SpaceC0re

SpaceC0re

Noob Squad

• 61 posts
  • LocationParis

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

The skill tree on the New Z turned to game into a full farming thing until you get gold coated bullet skill and seriously i don't want aftermath to be turned into a farming zombies simulator.

#17 Karti20

Karti20

I can do it! I guess...

• COMMUNITY DEV
  • 717 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:09 PM

skills are bad since they just benefit a player that play more, soo any nw commers would have a problems

traits would be much better... something like fallout new vegas has at the start..>

a trait give you a benefit.. but also punish you..

exampl of trait here could be

lightweight -> your overall move speed is increased by 10-15%, but your overall weight of backpacks is lovered by -20%

that is something that would be interesting... and you would not be able to have al of traits at same time.. but lets say 2-3 out of 20-30

• Dominh likes this

#18 BalgaHUN

BalgaHUN

Noob Squad

• 109 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:27 PM

skills are bad since they just benefit a player that play more, soo any nw commers would have a problems

traits would be much better... something like fallout new vegas has at the start..>

lightweight -> your overall move speed is increased by 10-15%, but your overall weight of backpacks is lovered by -20%

that is something that would be interesting... and you would not be able to have al of traits at same time.. but lets say 2-3 out of 20-30

Would be better than an experience/skill system. +1

#19 Everix

Everix

Noob Squad

• 69 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:14 PM

+1

#20 Mattienso

Mattienso

Noob Squad

• 66 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:32 PM

I'd rather have skill trees for small things tho, like give 5% more stamina for jumping, or more weight to your bags, or items seem to weight less, food and water decreases slower, in what way would those affect new comers? it would only benefit those who play more but it wouldn't give more advantages.

Anyhow something should be done so killing zombies is also rewarding since you can't buy too many things off the shop with GD, it's not like you have a big variety so killing zombies for exp would make sense for people who also like looting

Edited by Mattienso, 06 July 2017 - 07:32 PM.

• Raymolfin likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Skill, Tree, Suggestion, EXP, Zombies, MMO, Level, Branch, Limited, PVP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users