• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#21 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,232 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:51 PM

We left Aftermath for 2 weeks. I just launched it and checked the forum. All i can say about these changes: i'd better forget it like an awful nightmare...

Won't even precise anything here... Just 7 words: "Our old Aftermath will never come back"

You haven't played in 2 weeks?  Are you delusional?  What changed?  Constructive feedback obviously is important lol.  

• kAlimer0 likes this

#22 ZM_yaNochka

ZM_yaNochka

Mother Russia Herself

• TRANSLATOR
  • 332 posts
  • LocationSaint Petersburg

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:13 PM

You haven't played in 2 weeks?  Are you delusional?  What changed?  Constructive feedback obviously is important lol.  

I can tell you what i DO LIKE among all changes after full wipe.

1. Reviving the game in general

2. Deleting base building

3. New hitboxes

4. Anticheat stuff (OFC)

5. Other minor fixes concerning different bugs and FPS/PING issues

№ 6. Should be advertising the game for more players what would bring ya money for future (possible) great changes.

Instead of this you just completely changed Aftermath, adding all these useless guns, attachments which are completely same to each other (3 optics are just the same but have differents names lul).

We were ready to support Aftermath for play our old lovely game. It started like a great project.

The more you listen to complainers - the more you change the game trying to make it comfortable for each person - the more complainers you have. You add PVE things for hellvenge and karti - 40 PVPers are leaving the game.

Old players like Monkey and his team who were doing great PVPs making the game alive now left the game. Guina team, my team.

No matter what behavior they had btw... i'm just telling the fact.

I don't want to quarrel now, coz you told us at least to lower the insane recoil of scar... (nerfing scars is the main disaster btw). I don't wanna tell you what to do or that you did a bad job, no. But sometimes it looks like you listen to the 10% of the community who cries louder than others, ignoring the rest. ;)

P.S. I DON'T ASK ANYONE TO REPLY THIS COMMENT IF YOU FEEL HURT OR SOMTH, JUST ARTEMIS. Thx.

• Hawett(FreeZby), Darkcookiemonster and B_Zerk like this

#23 Darkcookiemonster

Darkcookiemonster

Fresh Meat

• 36 posts
  • LocationThe pvp zones

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:16 PM

Remove the skill tree. This is not infestation mate, adding the skill tree will make it harder for newbies to actually get into the game because they are lacking many thing like in infestation you die faster without " harden " and not having the max health. Frankly i believe if the players are new to the game they will be annoyed or get tired of farming xp just be the same health as the more experienced  players. But the thing that makes it  worse is that newbies have no pvp skills and will be easily wiped. More likely they will rage and dislike the game afterwords. Another kicker is that the pve servers do not have much loot so whatever newbies find is precious even if its really bad loot. Then they will likely start to hate the game after they realize they suck at pvp and keep dying no matter how hard they try and lose the loot that they have no idea if its good or bad. 

• ZM_yaNochka likes this

#24 williamtoogood

williamtoogood

Fresh Meat

• 19 posts
  • LocationLook down

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:18 PM

No experience and skill tree, that is not newz, don't bring everything from newz in, nobody will play.

#25 ZM_yaNochka

ZM_yaNochka

Mother Russia Herself

• TRANSLATOR
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:25 PM

Remove the skill tree. This is not infestation mate, adding the skill tree will make it harder for newbies to actually get into the game because they are lacking many thing like in infestation you die faster without " harden " and not having the max health. Frankly i believe if the players are new to the game they will be annoyed or get tired of farming xp just be the same health as the more experienced  players. But the thing that makes it  worse is that newbies have no pvp skills and will be easily wiped. More likely they will rage and dislike the game afterwords. Another kicker is that the pve servers do not have much loot so whatever newbies find is precious even if its really bad loot. Then they will likely start to hate the game after they realize they suck at pvp and keep dying no matter how hard they try and lose the loot that they have no idea if its good or bad. 

totally agree about newcomers

you can add such features like skill tree only if you have a huge player base in your game and 10-20 players who dislike your game won't make a trouble for you

this is not about Aftermath, every newbie is important in this case...

#26 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,232 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:26 PM

I can tell you what i DO LIKE among all changes after full wipe.

1. Reviving the game in general

2. Deleting base building

3. New hitboxes

4. Anticheat stuff (OFC)

5. Other minor fixes concerning different bugs and FPS/PING issues

№ 6. Should be advertising the game for more players what would bring ya money for future (possible) great changes.

Instead of this you just completely changed Aftermath, adding all these useless guns, attachments which are completely same to each other (3 optics are just the same but have differents names lul).

We were ready to support Aftermath for play our old lovely game. It started like a great project.

The more you listen to complainers - the more you change the game trying to make it comfortable for each person - the more complainers you have. You add PVE things for hellvenge and karti - 40 PVPers are leaving the game.

Old players like Monkey and his team who were doing great PVPs making the game alive now left the game. Guina team, my team.

No matter what behavior they had btw... i'm just telling the fact.

I don't want to quarrel now, coz you told us at least to lower the insane recoil of scar... (nerfing scars is the main disaster btw). I don't wanna tell you what to do or that you did a bad job, no. But sometimes it looks like you listen to the 10% of the community who cries louder than others, ignoring the rest. ;)

P.S. I DON'T ASK ANYONE TO REPLY THIS COMMENT IF YOU FEEL HURT OR SOMTH, JUST ARTEMIS. Thx.

What does any of this have to do with updates to the game?  You are creating a correlation that does not exist.  

There are 30,000 scars in the game, 9000 of them are hitman's.  It's not a rare gun.  It's one of the most common tier 4 weapons.  Clinging to stats of a common gun makes 0 sense in the grand scheme of balance.  I'm not going to balance the game around some whiny elitist pvpers.  Sorry.  

Also, skill trees are extremely important for player retention.  Some of you can't see the 'forest' through the trees for some reason.  Grinding XP and working towards a goal equates to play time.  Logging in, seeing if PVP is there and logging off is exactly the type of player we don't care about.  You guys don't seem to realize but MMO's like world of warcraft are not built on PVP crowds.  DayZ is not built on a PVP crowd.  Even newz is not built on a PVP crowd.  It's the PVE'ers that are the heart of the population.  When the PVE'rs leave, it's just idiot whiny PVPers left making up random excuses about every minor detail.  

We have almost no cannon fodder right now, because we don't have an environment conducive to PVErs.  We have elitist pvpers crying about 1% changes and threatening to quit.  You guys are worse than some of my ex girlfriends.  

As for people saying "remove the talent tree".  I wonder... what talent tree are you talking about?  Are you on drugs?  

• HellVenge, kAlimer0, Karti20 and 1 other like this

#27 Zeloooh

Zeloooh

Noob Squad

• 71 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland/French

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:34 PM

Rename game entirely : More information?

More information?

More information?

#28 ZM_yaNochka

ZM_yaNochka

Mother Russia Herself

• TRANSLATOR
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

What does any of this have to do with updates to the game?  You are creating a correlation that does not exist.  

There are 30,000 scars in the game, 9000 of them are hitman's.  It's not a rare gun.  It's one of the most common tier 4 weapons.  Clinging to stats of a common gun makes 0 sense in the grand scheme of balance.  I'm not going to balance the game around some whiny elitist pvpers.  Sorry.  

Also, skill trees are extremely important for player retention.  Some of you can't see the 'forest' through the trees for some reason.  Grinding XP and working towards a goal equates to play time.  Logging in, seeing if PVP is there and logging off is exactly the type of player we don't care about.  You guys don't seem to realize but MMO's like world of warcraft are not built on PVP crowds.  DayZ is not built on a PVP crowd.  Even newz is not built on a PVP crowd.  It's the PVE'ers that are the heart of the population.  When the PVE'rs leave, it's just idiot whiny PVPers left making up random excuses about every minor detail.  

We have almost no cannon fodder right now, because we don't have an environment conducive to PVErs.  We have elitist pvpers crying about 1% changes and threatening to quit.  You guys are worse than some of my ex girlfriends.  

As for people saying "remove the talent tree".  I wonder... what talent tree are you talking about?  Are you on drugs?  

You'll never accept the fact that PVPers are the heart of this game unless the game dies when the last "useless whinning PVPer" leaves it.

Btw, i wasn't here to compare PVP and PVE, some people left the great battle about it in previous topics... Was talking about changes in general.

Looking forward for the next patch. I'll try to successfully comeback here one more time.

Edited by ZM_yaNochka, 19 June 2017 - 11:39 PM.

#29 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,232 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:43 PM

You'll never accept the fact that PVPers are the heart of this game unless the game dies when the last "useless whinning PVPer" leaves it.

Btw, i wasn't here to compare PVP and PVE, some people left the great battle about it in previous topics... Was talking about changes in general.

Looking forward for the next patch. I'll try to successfully comeback here one more time.

But you didn't play the last 2 weeks, and neither did your crew or the other crews you mentioned that quit.  Who else is left for the PVP crews?  Oh wait, people were still playing.  Who are they?  What are they doing?  Do you think they care about your PVP team?  Do you care about their PVP team?  What about the people just farming that have less than 3 kills in their entire play time.  

What if you just made shit up without any statistical proof to back it up?  I guess it would just be another day on the forums right?  

• HellVenge, HGHG and PrimeZed like this

#30 ZM_yaNochka

ZM_yaNochka

Mother Russia Herself

• TRANSLATOR
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:48 PM

But you didn't play the last 2 weeks, and neither did your crew or the other crews you mentioned that quit.  Who else is left for the PVP crews?  Oh wait, people were still playing.  Who are they?  What are they doing?  Do you think they care about your PVP team?  Do you care about their PVP team?  What about the people just farming that have less than 3 kills in their entire play time.  

What if you just made shit up without any statistical proof to back it up?  I guess it would just be another day on the forums right?  

ahah nice try

half of my team were still playing, i was talking about 6 guys who left the game to try LMS

and none of other russian groups left, but as you can see they are all against skill tree (Prevest, Prodeuca)

and they said the amount of players on servers decreased 

I'm not talking that it has alrdy happened, i'm talking about POSSIBLE scenario for this game using "if" word. :)

I didn't say "if my team leaves the game" i said "all PVPers". It's about 80% of players. Just imagine.

Edited by ZM_yaNochka, 19 June 2017 - 11:49 PM.

• Darkcookiemonster and BringPinetopBack like this

#31 Raymolfin

Raymolfin

I Love Aftermath

• 544 posts
  • LocationMoms basement.

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:48 PM

Have anybody considered that it would be better for PVP if the Metal/plywood barricade, were switch out with the wooden barricade and riot shield from WarZ? or am I the only one thinking that placing a huge wall in front of you is OP? 

#32 Raymolfin

Raymolfin

I Love Aftermath

• 544 posts
  • LocationMoms basement.

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:52 PM

I think you both got your points here. And as i said already comparing games like some people do here is not the key to anything.

Btw here where some changes cause of some crying pvpers too. This is not one sided.

Overall the game  need it heart back. 

Liberating, cause thats what is differnt to all those other games.

Who wasnt happy liberating staw and saw that box with like 16 slots loot. That was the shit.

You can both whine here and say i make my game that way or this game is shit cause....

I think a suggestion of changes would be rather an idea instead of hammering the buttons to useless speech.

Overall : Liberating is the best what made this game.

Not pvp or pve.

Liberating is the key to both.

If stawford is liberated even the most scared people try to steal the drop.

Making it fantastic if you get it and if not you died trying. Consider things like that.

This made aftermath unqiue to all other games.

16 slots was nice, but hella OP! think about the little guy, it is a perfect balance right now if you ask me.

#33 Gr33n

Gr33n

Lead Programmer

• 151 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:48 AM

I know change can be hard. Even if it's the smallest thing, it can flip your world upside down. But for a game like this, it's needed. The game must be constantly changing. What we posted is a road map of the next upcoming changes. Please do not fall back on nostalgia as you will become disappointed quickly. We are taking input so changes do not feel forced, so please take the time and explain your thoughts and ideas. Saying "we like the old aftermath" is not helpful in any way. Was it the simplicity, was it the rate you found items? Please try and be as specific as possible. As for new content please do not be so quick to judge. You are asking for things to be removed that have not even been explained. Please tell use what you would like and not like to see. We are adding a skill tree, you can be part of the conversation or not. If you don't want to see 2x heath skill, then tell us. But we are not going to remove the skill tree just for pvpers. The skill tree could have things for looting, farming, fishing, building and so much more. Please try and not be narrowminded, this is not just a pvp game.

• B_Zerk likes this

#34 HellVenge

HellVenge

Old Veteran since War Z

• TRANSLATOR
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:20 AM

• Darkcookiemonster and HGHG like this

#35 vvanted11

vvanted11

Fresh Meat

• 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:44 AM

I really really like that you're considering a skill tree, I loved this was back In infestation and I was hoping it'd make a come back one day. Would love to see this actually implemented. +1 friend, doing great with this game. Keep it up!

• kAlimer0 likes this

#36 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,232 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:50 AM

Try convincing more people to play this game. IT has an active 50 players not worth putting more effort into this game for a small crowd. 

We have 9600 monthly active users.  

How many times does 50 divide into 9600?  

Oh.  You mean to say there is more than just 10 teams of 5 hardcore pvpers?

News flash.  More people play the game than any of you actually think and here's another news flash.  Over half of them don't PVP at all.  Mind.  Blown.  

What about all the players that quit because there was only PVP for them and nothing else?  What do they have to say about it?

Oh yea, they don't talk about it because they are gone and not coming back until there is more than just PVP.  

Shocker.  

• HellVenge, dark42, kAlimer0 and 4 others like this

#37 dedad

dedad

Fresh Meat

• 27 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:05 AM

жду с нетерпением! ))))

#38 HGHG

HGHG

Noob Squad

• 83 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:42 AM

Always the same "only pvp" people thinking they are the entire playerbase.
Really looking forward to more pve stuff to do and the past patches have been amazing. Keep up the good work :)
  • Karti20 and phuk like this

#39 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,232 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:21 AM

#OLDAFTERMATHBACK

Sorry what?  Please detail all changes you wish to make.  

#40 BalgaHUN

BalgaHUN

Noob Squad

• 119 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:25 AM

I love PvP in this game although I'm not really good at it yet. But I think this price for a barricade you mentioned will cause a barricade fest. It would be too cheap, I dont want to be blocked by them 7-24 cause everyone use 8-10 for each fight. Ruining the game? Why? You haven't been able to buy any of them till the latest updates. Everyone could get the amount they need by a bit farm or trade. And now you are able to buy it from vendor too for a totally fair price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users