136 replies to this topic

#81 HellVenge

HellVenge

Old Veteran since War Z

• TRANSLATOR
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:25 PM

You're just a bunch of hateful kids except Duke, but he is also starting to follow the dark side path lol

I honestly don't know why i try to explain what i mean to him. Because hes not getting the point. Thats why i, as he asked himself, stopped talking to him. but he qouted me 5 times now xD

You want X, we want Y, artemis is trying to make XY, but pvp kids yell and cry to keep it X.

Understand my point?

#82 HellVenge

HellVenge

Old Veteran since War Z

• TRANSLATOR
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:33 PM

If you want such hardcore pvp mechanics go play DayZ. The PvP mechanics fit roleplayers such as yourself Almighty Neckbeard hellvenge 

and what about you quit instead and go to your shitty lms and leave this project grow correctly?

#83 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 964 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

You're just a bunch of hateful kids except Duke, but he is also starting to follow the dark side path lol

You want X, we want Y, artemis is trying to make XY, but pvp kids yell and cry to keep it X.

Understand my point?

You are calling most of my claims false or BS. That has little to do with what either of us want.

I understand he wants more PVE elements, fine with me. But then people start demanding things like less damage reduction on melnars because its all too 'tanky'. Thats trying to change how PvP (X) works, thats not mixing 'X' and 'Y'. Luckely you seem to have dropped that claim in previous topics though.

#84 HellVenge

HellVenge

Old Veteran since War Z

• TRANSLATOR
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:45 PM

You are calling most of my claims false or BS. That has little to do with what either of us want.

I understand he wants more PVE elements, fine with me. But then people start demanding things like less damage reduction on melnars because its all too 'tanky'. Thats trying to change how PvP (X) works, thats not mixing 'X' and 'Y'. Luckely you seem to have dropped that claim in previous topics though.

Well I meant all along there are certain players that never dies no matter what, most of them are not tanky.

#85 CrossfireSRB

CrossfireSRB

Aftermath Old Gods

• 163 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

Duke, please, let go man, please. 
They will never understand. 
I don't like some of the stuff, but I go along with it, because I like the game. When its too much, I will go away. 

I love the new guns, every new item is good for me, i love innovations in any game. We learn to cope with them if they are not good. 

My only remark would be to add smaller portions of updates, like 30% of last patch, but more tested and working from the beginning. Every week like that, it would be amazing. So we can play continuously, not to stop for entire day because it is impossible to kill a zombie without lagging out. And those lag spikes to 10k ping, any idea why are those happening? 

Barricades are essential and I am really not comfortable playing when I have to carry just 3 or 4, because they can save your life literally.  I would like them to be cheaper, but seems like my suggestions are not heard. I had some more ideas, but kinda lost them, I will add when I remember. 

EDIT: More mats when disassembling guns, like 5 metal and 3 parts, please. Materials were not a problem before, condition right now is kinda overwhelming regarding that. 

Edited by CrossfireSRB, 20 June 2017 - 05:09 PM.

#86 HellVenge

HellVenge

Old Veteran since War Z

• TRANSLATOR
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:08 PM

Duke, please, let go man, please. 
They will never understand. 
I don't like some of the stuff, but I go along with it, because I like the game. When its too much, I will go away. 

I love the new guns, every new item is good for me, i love innovations in any game. We learn to cope with them if they are not good. 

My only remark would be to add smaller portions of updates, like 30% of last patch, but more tested and working from the beginning. Every week like that, it would be amazing. So we can play continuously, not to stop for entire day because it is impossible to kill a zombie without lagging out. And those lag spikes to 10k ping, any idea why are those happening? 

Barricades are essential and I am really not comfortable playing when I have to carry just 3 or 4, because they can save your life literally.  I would like them to be cheaper, but seems like my suggestions are not heard. I had some more ideas, but kinda lost them, I will add when I remember. 

Crossfire, once again buddy, you can easily make 100 barricades a day. I literally crafted 40 in 2 runs.

#87 CrossfireSRB

CrossfireSRB

Aftermath Old Gods

• 163 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:16 PM

You can, if you loot all the time. Don't get me wrong, I love looting and getting all the new guns, but sometimes when I come from work I want some relief, to go fight, and stuff, and then you lose probably 3 days worth of looting. When you kill a guy you don't  anything from him, because they all carry 2-4, and I don't blame them, because I do the same. 

Mats balance would help, because we don't have enough parts. I have metal, I have adhesive, but parts are in need for everything, and a lot, and we don't get them, we are in deficit of parts. 

#88 HellVenge

HellVenge

Old Veteran since War Z

• TRANSLATOR
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:31 PM

You can, if you loot all the time. Don't get me wrong, I love looting and getting all the new guns, but sometimes when I come from work I want some relief, to go fight, and stuff, and then you lose probably 3 days worth of looting. When you kill a guy you don't  anything from him, because they all carry 2-4, and I don't blame them, because I do the same. 

Mats balance would help, because we don't have enough parts. I have metal, I have adhesive, but parts are in need for everything, and a lot, and we don't get them, we are in deficit of parts. 

Not really, just grab adhesives and break down guns, you can easily craft 7 - 10 barricades while running on pvp

#89 Miniscozzie

Miniscozzie

The Skyshatter King

• 862 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:32 PM

[Obligatory Neutral post] 

• HellVenge likes this

#90 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,279 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:27 PM

look at this video carefully as a game designer I think you'll notice the changes:

1.look at 3:32 (Graphics)

2.Bent

3.Remove the armors tags above the player name.

4.Bring back base building.

5.remove the new guns(Meaning to this patch, the Masada and m16 are enough!)

6.Old gun damage + recoil + spread + reload time.

7.Clan System.

8.Old Pinetop.

9.Old liberations.

10.Old armor names(Yeah I know it sounds fucked but still I miss the old names BA-345 Menlar ((king)) = Lvl 1 menlar ((lame)) )

11.Enable skin/gen keys/crates again!

12.Do not cap a number of Natos in the GI!

13.Old tools back!

14.Bring back old water/food system!

15. I WANT TO BE BALD AGAIN MAKE BALD HEADS VISIBLE AGAIN!

I am appreciating your work on the game, I see all of your blogs and I do, believe me appreciate it but I still miss my old Romero's Aftermath MMO :(

#oldaftermathback

#jasonmask

1. Play on ultra if you want graphics lol.  We've been optimizing the game. 
  2. wat
  3. armor tags help to know if a player has armor or not
  4. base building is returning, it's literally in this main post
  5. new guns = variation and growth of game, no the game will not stay the same 7 guns, what an awful request
  6. Balance is an on going process that will never end as more and more items get introduced to the game.  welcome to your first online game!
  7. clans may some day appear, are you going to code it and do the UI for it?
  8. Old pinetop had problems, new pinetop is nicely optimized for PVP
  9. Old liberations were exploitable and offered almost no gameplay due to how broken and incomplete they were.
  10. Names of armor?  wat
  11. We have an idea for a way to let users convert GD to skins, obviously it will take a lot of GD
  12. Nato is not capped in GI for legendary users?
  13. Old tools?  That you could buy for real money?  What?  Are you lost?
  14. Old food and water?  What?  We still have food and water.  

Your post is entirely rose tinted glasses.  You have no actual suggestions or balance.  Just a sad nostalgia post.

Also barricades are going to remain desirable.  They are attainable, but people use them sparingly, and that is intended.   

#91 LepreChaun

LepreChaun

Fresh Meat

• 32 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:51 AM

Remove Skill tree

• Coockier likes this

#92 dark42

dark42

Noob Squad

• 85 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:41 AM

https://gyazo.com/4a629b8f7cc4a7f2d3059c6720f82af7
9000 players monthly, that was a good one xD

Using a screenshot taken in the morning, in the middle of the week and comparing it to the MONTHLY activity ...

And the award of the hugest Facepalm goes to you !
Congratulations !
  • HGHG and B_Zerk like this

#93 B_Zerk

B_Zerk

Loot Machine

• 39 posts
  • LocationLooting

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:16 AM

by the looks of it you clearly have no idea what monthly active users means lmao.

#94 Karti20

Karti20

I can do it! I guess...

• COMMUNITY DEV
  • 722 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:32 AM

1.I am playing on high/Ultra.

2.Make character's bent available again.

3.ok I guess.

4.Good :D

5.New guns = nerfing good old guns like Hitman 125 dmg -> 115 dmg , Black Desert 120 - 110 dmg .

6.Again a childish answer, (This is not my first online game ^^ Artemis Knives)and there is nothing to do with the balance I just do not want u to copy the guns from Newz, WarZ, Infestation Survivor Stories: classic to this game which is way better in my opinion!

7.ok I hope they will.

8.Old Pinetop was good as it was no one had any problem u mad it to some weird unenjoyable map...

9.The old liberations were just fine!

10.The name of armors (wat) u are the I think that gave the armor names. You should know what am I talking about don't you? :)

11.There's no problem with trading skins almost everyone loved it.

12.yes? but u should make it the same for regular, not premium users we don't want to make it pay to win even if it a slight change for legendary users, do we? :) ?

13. I was talking about that u could get tools from guns disassembling before.

14.I said old food/water SYSTEM, cuz water and food are going down way too fast then before.

#1 - you sure? show me you got everything on iltra, + ssao etc.. ofc some stuff have to be changed in map for that... more meshes, more grass, more stuff like that.... and also GET RID OF ALL OPTIMALISATION PEOPLE CRIED FOR -.-

#95 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 964 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:39 AM

8.Old Pinetop was good as it was no one had any problem u mad it to some weird unenjoyable map...

I havent even tried pinetop after the patch because you cant stash on it anymore. The most fun part about PvP is usualy looting the kills and stashing all of it. Its so rewarding. But if its only a place to go and waste gear in... nah.

#96 HellVenge

HellVenge

Old Veteran since War Z

• TRANSLATOR
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:40 AM

I havent even tried pinetop after the patch because you cant stash on it anymore. The most fun part about PvP is usualy looting the kills and stashing all of it. Its so rewarding. But if its only a place to go and waste gear in... nah.

Idk... kinda right here. Yet people abuses pvp on bamburg precisely due it's proximity to the safezone so they can stash items. But Pinetop was also used to disconnect from Arizona to stash easy gear without running any kind of risks.

Idk, this is why I find running from town to town PvPing soft is the best gameplay so far, not abusive, not boring, you encounter pve elements, pvp elements, you don't bash on newcomers nor either take over a city/town... obviously the most interesting looting spots would be the most visited and the hardest ones to access.. but yeah. I simply miss the old War Z gameplay, was the best one so far.

#97 HGHG

HGHG

Noob Squad

• 91 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:04 PM

wait are you serious with this screenshot/post?  oh god. 

#98 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 964 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 21 June 2017 - 01:07 PM

Idk... kinda right here. Yet people abuses pvp on bamburg precisely due it's proximity to the safezone so they can stash items. But Pinetop was also used to disconnect from Arizona to stash easy gear without running any kind of risks.

Idk, this is why I find running from town to town PvPing soft is the best gameplay so far, not abusive, not boring, you encounter pve elements, pvp elements, you don't bash on newcomers nor either take over a city/town... obviously the most interesting looting spots would be the most visited and the hardest ones to access.. but yeah. I simply miss the old War Z gameplay, was the best one so far.

I also used to switch to pinetop just to stash. Not because its safer, but because running is just boring if you want to get back into action quickly. Its where you grab your phone and do other stuff while ur on autorun. If you don't want to bump into anyone on your way to safezone on Arizona you most likely wont.

#99 HellVenge

HellVenge

Old Veteran since War Z

• TRANSLATOR
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 21 June 2017 - 01:12 PM

I also used to switch to pinetop just to stash. Not because its safer, but because running is just boring if you want to get back into action quickly. Its where you grab your phone and do other stuff while ur on autorun. If you don't want to bump into anyone on your way to safezone on Arizona you most likely wont.

Agreed, right now running from town to town is boring because its kinda worthless, there are only 3 interest spots in the map appart from safezones (Bamburg, Stawford, Airport), and the distances are way too huge for what it is.

I still remember in War Z, there used to be many more zones, running from one spot to the other was 100% worth it because every single loot spot was randomized, could be spawning military / civilian / medic guns anywhere... so yeah. Now the spots are very concrete, which I hate.

#100 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,279 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:39 PM

I too can post random screenshots of the servers.  Our peak users was 4 hours ago so obviously this is a screenshot when the EU's are going to sleep.  You were probably sleeping the whole time.  I don't think you understand what Monthly Active Users means.  Try google nub  :)

Not to mention one of the Legendary servers has 22 players on it right now PVPing legit :)

id8cR4v.jpg

• HellVenge, dark42, Karti20 and 3 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users