meta plans

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#101 icygoingham

icygoingham

Fresh Meat

• 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:41 AM

Art just do your thing. As long as you are doing things that arent breaking the game (or fixing things that are broken) then the game will keep growing.

• CrossfireSRB, MienEmperor, Lookeephi and 1 other like this

#102 MienEmperor

MienEmperor

Fresh Meat

• 29 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:35 AM

Always the same "only pvp" people thinking they are the entire playerbase.
Really looking forward to more pve stuff to do and the past patches have been amazing. Keep up the good work :)

I'm with you I like PVE too.

#103 BaydaL

BaydaL

Fresh Meat

• 45 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:56 PM

look at this video carefully as a game designer I think you'll notice the changes:
1.look at 3:32 (Graphics)
https://www.youtube....tLbkzdXk&t=229s

2.Bent

3.Remove the armors tags above the player name.

4.Bring back base building.
https://www.youtube....h?v=LnupXDqx4YI

5.remove the new guns(Meaning to this patch, the Masada and m16 are enough!)

6.Old gun damage + recoil + spread + reload time.

7.Clan System.

8.Old Pinetop.

9.Old liberations.

10.Old armor names(Yeah I know it sounds fucked but still I miss the old names BA-345 Menlar ((king)) = Lvl 1 menlar ((lame)) )

11.Enable skin/gen keys/crates again!

12.Do not cap a number of Natos in the GI!

13.Old tools back!

14.Bring back old water/food system!

15. I WANT TO BE BALD AGAIN MAKE BALD HEADS VISIBLE AGAIN!

I am appreciating your work on the game, I see all of your blogs and I do, believe me appreciate it but I still miss my old Romero's Aftermath MMO :(

#oldaftermathback
#jasonmask

I agree with u but can we leave 2,10 as it is right now. I like the way it is now xD

#104 Andy Guns

Andy Guns

Noob Squad

• 97 posts
  • LocationBRUSQUE SC

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:40 PM

look at this video carefully as a game designer I think you'll notice the changes:

1.look at 3:32 (Graphics)

2.Bent

3.Remove the armors tags above the player name.

4.Bring back base building.

5.remove the new guns(Meaning to this patch, the Masada and m16 are enough!)

6.Old gun damage + recoil + spread + reload time.

7.Clan System.

8.Old Pinetop.

9.Old liberations.

10.Old armor names(Yeah I know it sounds fucked but still I miss the old names BA-345 Menlar ((king)) = Lvl 1 menlar ((lame)) )

11.Enable skin/gen keys/crates again!

12.Do not cap a number of Natos in the GI!

13.Old tools back!

14.Bring back old water/food system!

15. I WANT TO BE BALD AGAIN MAKE BALD HEADS VISIBLE AGAIN!

I am appreciating your work on the game, I see all of your blogs and I do, believe me appreciate it but I still miss my old Romero's Aftermath MMO :(

#oldaftermathback

#jasonmask

#105 Barium

Barium

Fresh Meat

• 5 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:40 AM

• Drug Cartel gameplay - Growing, processing & selling illegal goods
  • Factions to earn reputation with

Would like to hear more about that.

Can’t think of anything illegal in a Zombie apocalypse. What do you mean by that?

• Skilltree

Have you considered an EvE-like EXP system? In EvE you gain EXP over time, in this game you would basically gain EXP for staying alive for a certain amount of time. (= for playing the game) No Zombie grind plz.

The skills should be equally valuable otherwise everyone will just have the same set of skills. This could lead to specializations defining a role, e.g. the scout, the sniper, the tough guy …

But I think this could also be cool if it just added some flavor. Excited.

• What about vehicles?

Would it be possible to have some servers with a crude version to mess around with? In general I feel that the game lacks sandboxy elements atm. Stuff like this would help a lot with immersion.

• “They mostly come out at night.”

It would be cool if there was a difference between day and night. Zombies should be faster, spawn more frequent and have a greater agro radius during night time. They could also have diffrent preferential spawn points during different time of the day, e.g. inside buildings (day), in the open (night). This would add much in terms of role playing. "We *Need* to find shelter right now!"  

​Hope you appriciate my feedback.

Edited by Barium, 05 July 2017 - 08:49 AM.

#106 williamtoogood

williamtoogood

Fresh Meat

• 19 posts
  • LocationLook down

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:29 PM

I agree

#107 BaydaL

BaydaL

Fresh Meat

• 45 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:40 AM

He remove vehicle for some reasons no skill tree. New player and old player should be treated in a same way. And i don't think drug cartel and different zmbie is important atm.

#108 WeirdRicegrain

WeirdRicegrain

Survivor

• 227 posts
  • LocationIn space

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

Wait why is there no car anymore noooooo

#109 DerzkiyRachina

DerzkiyRachina

Fresh Meat

• 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:38 PM

Now everything is approximately equal, decides equipment (available to everyone) and skill. As soon as you introduce skills - break the balance for the "pumped" player will cause more damage and have more HP. Why is this all?

Edited by DerzkiyRachina, 31 July 2017 - 09:39 PM.

#110 Karti20

Karti20

I can do it! I guess...

• COMMUNITY DEV
  • 720 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:44 PM

Now everything is approximately equal, decides equipment (available to everyone) and skill. As soon as you introduce skills - break the balance for the "pumped" player will cause more damage and have more HP. Why is this all?

who the hell even said about boosting damage or HP?

lol

stop spreading a bullshit from out of your brain

#111 qwiivy

qwiivy

Fresh Meat

• 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:53 PM

SOUNDS AWSOME!!! i love your games but theres been one issue thats ongoing for me CONSISTENCY  i play i get alot of loot i die get more loot die and more loot and die this is  driving me away very little at a time 

I HAVE A SOLUTION 

A  Fix Hitboxes (only needs a tad bit of work)

BATTLE ROYALE MODE (to add a little fun)

CARS but are rare 

dialy login bonuses (such as skins weopons cosmetics in general ANYTHING will do as long as its better than lms 

AND LASTLY       

CHANGE THE RUNNING IN THRID PERSON ANIMATION ive played SS and LMS for a long time and im used to it running in this game is weird 

I know your short on workers im a coder myself but im only 15 ive created 4 games already 2 of witch are on stema greenlight 

if you need any late time help IM HAPPY TO STEP IN

keep up the good work Artemis 

#112 Arcane

Arcane

Fresh Meat

• 12 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:45 PM

Would like to ask about possible return of base building and what the rename the game entirely means.
  • SidneyDoumn, JamesRip, CrazyEERed and 3 others like this

#113 MrElnur

MrElnur

Fresh Meat

• 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:11 AM

Delete skill tree plz..

#114 ChinoPanzon

ChinoPanzon

Survivor

• 167 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:35 AM

I've noticed that everyone complains of people being tanky or never dieing etc. etc. Alright let me give you the run down IMO The reason why ppl are tanky is because of their PING Russians run over group most of the time ... and they have bad ping which means they drop you on second, thats just an example. For instance Monkey plays in germany, Prevest plays in russia, Duke belguim and me in US  I dont think that is going to be the best connection. We've seen it done before and it wont stop because this game is worldwide and everyone plays it. The game is 75% mechanical and 25% Skill / aim It lacks Content that will overtake the Ping issue. IMO i dont need baby rages here: / (IMO means "in my opinion" btw) 

Edited by ChinoPanzon, 11 September 2017 - 09:49 AM.

#115 Andy Guns

Andy Guns

Noob Squad

• 97 posts
  • LocationBRUSQUE SC

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:37 AM

Eu sei que todo mundo se queixa de pessoas sendo tanky ou nunca morrer, etc, etc. Tudo bem, deixe-me dar-a cadáver IMO A razão pela qual ppl são tanque por causa de seus russos PING correram o grupo na maioria das vezes ... e eles têm ping ruim, o que significa que eles deixaram você em segundo, assim é apenas um exemplo. Por exemplo, Monkey toca na Germany, a Prevest joga na Rússia, Duke Belguim e eu, EUA, então eu não acho que vai ser a melhor conexão. Já o vimos antes e não vai parar porque este jogo é mundial e todos jogam. O jogo é 75% mecânico e 25% Habilidade / objetivo. Falta Conteúdo que venha um problema. Ping. IMO, eu não preciso de raiva de bebê aqui: / (IMO significa "na minha opinião", em vez) 

:)  :)  :)

Edited by Andy Guns, 11 September 2017 - 09:40 AM.

#116 Igor_Rain

Igor_Rain

Fresh Meat

• 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:13 PM

The ban is not deductible

I wanted to play your favorite game,and then ban,I'm not in disbelief,for that ban?If I were cheater,I would buy 2 times of the legend,slots and skins? For that ban? and it is possible to unbanning?

#117 ChillCreep

ChillCreep

Fresh Meat

• 9 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:19 AM

People have mentioned cars several times. I have some thoughts on that.

There should be a percentage chance of finding salvageable cars in settlements -- the percentage being highest in cities and rest stops, mid-range on farms, and lowest (0.001?) on roads outside of settlements.

Of those cars, each will require repair, fuel, and materials. If it has not been repaired and fueled up similar to a generator, it cannot run at all. These three meters affect one another, such that any one meter being "low" speeds the decrease of other meters. A car missing materials will use fuel quicker and require repair sooner than a car with all three meters filled, for example.

The materials needed should make sense for a car and should initially be a big investment, one requiring a group or some farming. The amount of materials needed and the specific materials needed should be randomly assigned on car discovery -- maybe an "Examine" interaction to set those variables? Another option would be to create a special class of cars and only spawn them into locations after determining whether they should be found and how many should be there. If this is the case, please consider allowing different types of vehicles, from four-door sedans to two-door convertibles, semi trucks, SUVs, Jeeps, and ugly but sturdy farm pickups. Motorcycles and dirt bikes would be nice too. Each vehicle has different advantages and drawbacks -- fuel consumption, materials requirements, repair frequency, passenger capacity, storage capacity, speed, control..

Over time, the car may break down and be unable to function until a specific condition is met -- find a roll of duct tape, for example, or a can of oil, or a specific (less than 500) amount of materials. This shouldn't be a frequent occurrence but it should be enough to make players debate whether a car is essential or sustainable.

A running car makes a lot of noise, depending on the type of car, and that noise attracts zombies. A running car in dire need of repair might also leave a smoke trail or make more noise than usual. Zombies can be run over, but using the car as a weapon has a direct negative effect on its repair and materials meters.

A car with 0 fuel can be pushed (from any side), but if it flips over, rolls into water, or hits a critically low repair amount, the game declares it 'destroyed'. At that point the ability to interact with it at all (beyond climbing on top of it) is lost.

Cars can be destroyed by fire or excessive damage (from zombies, from other players, from regular wear and tear). Destroyed cars revert to unusable set dressing, just like the cars we currently have. It would be nice if they kept their model but acquired a damaged look.

Destroyed cars should be cleaned up by the system, either daily or weekly, and new cars spawned in. For a more natural depreciation, the system could pick a percentage of existing destroyed cars to remove instead, leaving some of them in the world. Otherwise we'll eventually have walls of cars and barricades built up all over the place.. which, admittedly, sounds kinda fun and cool, but would probably become annoying as heck.

I don't think there should be a way to save your car.. but I guess if you can drive it all the way to a safe zone, you should expect it to still be there when you log back in. Personally I'd prefer to have cars with an intrinsic sense of cost and impermanence.

Well, that was a wall of text. Sorry. Of course I'm not trying to tell you guys what to do, just sharing some ideas on a possible method of making cars work in-game.

Are there any plans to expand character customization options (more faces, more hair, a female body type, different body shapes)? And could you possibly grant newbies the Wooden Frame plan the way we're currently granted the Campfire plan? I find it a bit ridiculous that no gardening or trapping is possible without first learning the Wooden Frame plan.

Is "foraging" a potential future skill?

Thanks so much for reviving one of my favorite games, and working hard on improving it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users