meta plans

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#121 BuzzJoyKill

BuzzJoyKill

Fresh Meat

• 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:47 AM

hey i was wondering by chance if there was a way me and some friends could play the version with base building. thats the part of the game that we liked and wanted to go back to. Any chance we can?

• mark_belarus likes this

#122 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,279 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:22 PM

hey i was wondering by chance if there was a way me and some friends could play the version with base building. thats the part of the game that we liked and wanted to go back to. Any chance we can?

No.  We have not worked on it at all.  

#123 BuzzJoyKill

BuzzJoyKill

Fresh Meat

• 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:32 PM

No.  We have not worked on it at all.  

okay but are you guys adding it back

#124 roninsaiid

roninsaiid

Tour Guide

• 305 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:38 PM

I think....

1. if you press TAB, besides the name of the players there is the size of the PING

2. Be able to change the player name

3. Some servers should be ping restrictions. It may be that the majority plays from Asia, but there are players from Europe too...

4. Where are the christmas skins?

#125 jzedder

jzedder

Fresh Meat

• 17 posts
  • LocationUSA, NM

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:11 AM

Bases would be nice as well, I miss those. But overall great changes! 

#126 Koromeister

Koromeister

Fresh Meat

• 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:35 AM

• PVE quests  
  • Beginner tutorial experience in special safe questing area near centralized safezone hub 
  • Daily Quests / Weekly Quests 
  • Experience gain / skill tree
  • Fishing / harvesting / mining / gathering + masteries 

Yes yes yes!!!! add all these on pve and tha game will be just perfect!!! everyone is crying for pvp and all these but what about pve guys? a huge amount of people out there is looking for games like that! im one of them!!! i want a game that i can loot explore survive and have a goal while i fight zombies!!! I REALY like some of the changes that i see coming and im glad that i came back.... also some good additions would be bases (again), global inventory on pve but just for pve and across pve only servers, some NPCs on safe zones, more zombies on the map and not just on towns and farms, building improvements (i want to explore those ''skyscrapers'' and snipe some Zs), zombie A.I. and animation improvements maybe, and some vehicles would be nice

Edited by Koromeister, 14 January 2018 - 01:47 AM.

• BadCFM likes this

#127 mark_belarus

mark_belarus

Fresh Meat

• 20 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:36 AM

Make one server with bases, people who have bad computers don't have to join it if their FPS goes bad. 

I'm not the only one who wants it. If you bring back the bases, there would be more purpose for farming resources and survival. If you read one of my topics I started, I was talking about replacing it with the pinetop server because nobody still plays on that server, little to no people, 6 people was the max.  

I know at least 20 people who left because base building is not a thing anymore.

Edited by mark_belarus, 12 January 2018 - 12:57 AM.

#128 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,279 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:11 AM

Make one server with bases, people who have bad computers don't have to join it if their FPS goes bad. 

I'm not the only one who wants it. If you bring back the bases, there would be more purpose for farming resources and survival. If you read one of my topics I started, I was talking about replacing it with the pinetop server because nobody still plays on that server, little to no people, 6 people was the max.  

I know at least 20 people who left because base building is not a thing anymore.

Sure, are you going to do the programming for this?  You seem to post a lot without thinking / considering how implementation works.  Try thinking more and posting less.  Then you'll not only be more knowledgeable, but you'll also be less demanding.  

Base building is not working currently, and until someone fixes it, it will remain nonfunctional.  If it was working, it would already be in the game.  

#129 mark_belarus

mark_belarus

Fresh Meat

• 20 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:26 AM

Sure, are you going to do the programming for this?  You seem to post a lot without thinking / considering how implementation works.  Try thinking more and posting less.  Then you'll not only be more knowledgeable, but you'll also be less demanding.  

Base building is not working currently, and until someone fixes it, it will remain nonfunctional.  If it was working, it would already be in the game.  

Sure I honestly I would, in fact I work as a programmer here in the U.S. All you have to do is ask, there are people who are programmers and play Aftermath you know.

I do remember when you opened aftermath again, there was an option to claim land and build bases. What happened to that? Did you put all those codes in the codes database dump or what?  

"Try thinking more and posting less"; really? I'm just like everyone else part of the community who is trying to make the game better and that you make your money back as well as it will receive more players I know.   

Edited by mark_belarus, 12 January 2018 - 04:40 AM.

• ChinoPanzon likes this

#130 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,279 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:19 PM

Sure I honestly I would, in fact I work as a programmer here in the U.S. All you have to do is ask, there are people who are programmers and play Aftermath you know.

I do remember when you opened aftermath again, there was an option to claim land and build bases. What happened to that? Did you put all those codes in the codes database dump or what?  

"Try thinking more and posting less"; really? I'm just like everyone else part of the community who is trying to make the game better and that you make your money back as well as it will receive more players I know.   

But you'll never be able to work on the source code with the way it's currently handled by it's owners.  

So, only us 3 are manning the ship for an entire game.  You're posting in the thread that has the technical meta plans for Aftermath.  I update it as things are working.  Building is on the list.  It's been there for months literally in this exact thread you're posting in.  

#131 TheMilkman

TheMilkman

Noob Squad

• 112 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

Mark im genuinly shocked. In my 4 years of being a fan of Artemis this is the first time EVER where Art ripped
someone and you actually shot back and got a hit. I still love you Art but goddamm, now you are 1828384938 to 1
  • IcemaX and ChinoPanzon like this

#132 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,279 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

Mark im genuinly shocked. In my 4 years of being a fan of Artemis this is the first time EVER where Art ripped
someone and you actually shot back and got a hit. I still love you Art but goddamm, now you are 1828384938 to 1

Wat

• TheMilkman likes this

#133 ChinoPanzon

ChinoPanzon

Survivor

• 234 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:43 PM

Artemis he said he would work on it why not let him ?? You did ask him if he would work on it.

#134 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,279 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:26 PM

Artemis he said he would work on it why not let him ?? You did ask him if he would work on it.

I will repeat this again for the 500th time.  

I DO NOT OWN THE SOURCE CODE.  YOU MUST BE A PRIOR EMPLOYEE TO EVEN BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK ON THIS INDIE PROJECT.  

I do not own the engine.  I do not own the assets.  I own nothing!  I merely host the servers and fix things for you in a game that was ENTIRELY abandoned by the company that made it.

Do you understand?  Without my kindness, you wouldn't even be able to play!  They ABANDONED the project and SHUT THE SERVERS DOWN.  

I negotiated with them to bring them back and run them myself.  I am the caretaker of the garden, I do not own the garden.  I simply have the keys to the country club.  

I will pass on having legal action taken against me for leaking the source code to some anonymous forum member.  Thanks.  It's simply not in my best interests to create legal issues.  

See http://forum.willyou...emis-aftermath/

• TheMilkman and HGHG like this

#135 Zombie Bob

Zombie Bob

Fresh Meat

• 22 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:23 AM

What does this game cost?
If abandoned cant be that much.
Can you ask sergay? This no bullshit even Email me or post me in private.

#136 ChinoPanzon

ChinoPanzon

Survivor

• 234 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:37 AM

If only i was rich xd

#137 TheMilkman

TheMilkman

Noob Squad

• 112 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:41 PM

​Would it possible to get an updated list because this hasn't been touched since November?

Edited by TheMilkman, 13 January 2018 - 05:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users