Why Are You Guys Still Crying?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 iTexx

iTexx

Noob Squad

• 110 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:58 AM

I rlly dont fucking understand why People still complaining about the game is "dying" Lol This is what

Artemis wrote "Down below". Why cant you just shut the FUCK up and just let him do his thing? He said it like idk 20 Times its his "FUCKING HOBBY" and not his FUCKING "FULL TIME JOB" Everytime I come on the Forum I just see People are crying and insulting each other, like whats the point in it? Like rlly this is so Annoying just be Happy he Got AM online He did more for this game with his 1-2 Friends then, when Artemis was running this Game with Sergej. And No I'm not licking his Ass.. Its just my Opinion cuz you Ppl are retarded and it doesnt goes in your head that I will repeat my self ITS HIS FUCKING HOBBY.

I wanted to remind everyone that this is a project that is independently run by myself, Gr33n & Patches.  We work on it in our free time.  We do not have extremely large chunks of time to invest into it as it is a side indie project for hardcore Aftermath fans.  

When doubt, take a break if you're feeling burnt out.  We are working away at bringing you the new Arizona map, improved and better than ever.  So sit back, and relax.  The majority of the nasty bugs have been fixed over the last 3 months and we can finally focus on implementing some new stuff to Aftermath.  The goal is now to patch roughly once per month unless insane bugs arise which will give us proper time to test and work on things without feeling heavily rushed.  

The next patch will be the updated map, as well as updated gameplay that comes with it.  It will change the way Aftermath is played.  Curious to see how you guys like it. 

• HellVenge, dark42, GruchaGame and 6 others like this

#2 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,195 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:37 AM

Pretty much.  Servers are up, games working, all of the nastiest bugs that plagued the game and killed it while on steam have been fixed.  Seems legit to me.  Sure, we don't have a traffic funnel right now, but we don't want one.  It's not ready.  Aftermath had 2 million total players try it on Steam.  If we have 2 million players try it the next time we go on Steam... it will be huge.  I'm not really worried.  

It's a lot better than an entire company running it into the ground that's for sure.   :)

I do worry about some of the forum users though.  If only I had enough money to afford therapy & general mental health upkeep for some of them.  Oh well.   

• HellVenge, dark42, ImQuick and 7 others like this

#3 MLP HomuraZ

MLP HomuraZ

Fresh Meat

• 39 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:05 AM

Pretty much.  Servers are up, games working, all of the nastiest bugs that plagued the game and killed it while on steam have been fixed.  Seems legit to me.  Sure, we don't have a traffic funnel right now, but we don't want one.  It's not ready.  Aftermath had 2 million total players try it on Steam.  If we have 2 million players try it the next time we go on Steam... it will be huge.  I'm not really worried.  

It's a lot better than an entire company running it into the ground that's for sure.   :)

I do worry about some of the forum users though.  If only I had enough money to afford therapy & general mental health upkeep for some of them.  Oh well.   

That made me fucking laugh ... but sadly it's true. :ph34r:

#4 HGHG

HGHG

Noob Squad

• 68 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:18 AM

Yep seems hard to understand for some people.

#5 Karti20

Karti20

I can do it! I guess...

• COMMUNITY DEV
  • 716 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:17 AM

Who cried ?

well... if we could go look around whole forums.. you could find a crying people almost in the every topic.

mostly crying about 'how these and that changes makes the game bad"
"new weapons are bad remove it"
"this is not old aftermath anymore, change it, #oldaftermath" 

etc etc etc.. bullshit like that

but yea, people forgets this is a fan / hobby project, and it was said from start it WON'T BE like OLD AFTERMATH....

• WeirdRicegrain likes this

#6 Karti20

Karti20

I can do it! I guess...

• COMMUNITY DEV
  • 716 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:12 AM

Of course it's not like the old aftermath. I was sick of scar only . Even I dislike some changes, armor nerf scar and hugrim are a waste of inventory space.
I Overall See the great sucess happining here.
I like this game more then the old aftermath just less players ATM.

Yea well new players are quiting duo all the "massive pvp groups" that are just demanding everyone to play like they want, most of "old vets" here don't even respect new comers, what else even playing with them

This game will die if people won't change

But these people don't see it and always gonna blame Artemis an other devs for downfall of a game

#7 Gear4th

Gear4th

Tour Guide

• 452 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:43 AM

Yea well new players are quiting duo all the "massive pvp groups" that are just demanding everyone to play like they want, most of "old vets" here don't even respect new comers, what else even playing with them

This game will die if people won't change

But these people don't see it and always gonna blame Artemis an other devs for downfall of a game

its not about Vets.

they even said reduce limit,also in all other games Vets also play better then new players but if they have fun they will have the will to improve.

#8 WeirdRicegrain

WeirdRicegrain

Survivor

• 227 posts
  • LocationIn space

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:50 AM

well... if we could go look around whole forums.. you could find a crying people almost in the every topic.

mostly crying about 'how these and that changes makes the game bad"
"new weapons are bad remove it"
"this is not old aftermath anymore, change it, #oldaftermath" 

etc etc etc.. bullshit like that

but yea, people forgets this is a fan / hobby project, and it was said from start it WON'T BE like OLD AFTERMATH....

I died at "a crying people" not to bully you xD

#9 ChinoPanzon

ChinoPanzon

Survivor

• 155 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:31 AM

Listen people are not gonna do that.. Not trying to "grind" with monkey xD (other forums flash back) LuL but from my view, ..Look at the state of the game .. People die too many times they will lose interest and not play(for the new players). If you are a vet then try not to kill bambi's that are just brainless and running around.There needs to be something to keep the new players from old players but the population is too small to do something about it in terms of spending on servers etc. It will struggle and be hard. I hope steam gives you a license @artemis .. Thanks and take care everyone

One more thing ... Why does Pve have 50 % loot ??? and Legendary 200% and regular pvp 100% Privates are 125%.. I understand why it is like that but if we are going to be honest. PVE is made for PVE not pvp right ? so why does PVP spawn better loot? I understand its for "ohh you take higher risk etc. In my eyes it says PVE but doesnt even have the 2nd best farm. its the worst. Legendary has the best but it has pvp. I think this might be why its looks like t is revolved around this PVP based group. I would think that PVE would be the best for looting. Yeah i see your logic but the game has alot of desync  and ping spikes. I actually just noticed Almost every problem comes back to Ping spike and desync lol and looting which is just me complaining and people will say the same thing. Stop complaining etc etc I hope you can fix this i get that its just your hobby but i would really like the server made for Farming would have the best farming. Even thou ik that "what if someone just comes to steal your drops" ik that idk what to do about that one .. Take care

Edited by ChinoPanzon, 20 July 2017 - 07:39 AM.

#10 Gear4th

Gear4th

Tour Guide

• 452 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:41 AM

The PvE server AK called himself a roleplayer server. he expects people to group up and explore the world also it makes sense higher risk higher reward^^

#11 ChinoPanzon

ChinoPanzon

Survivor

• 155 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:45 AM

The PvE server AK called himself a roleplayer server. he expects people to group up and explore the world also it makes sense higher risk higher reward^^

I get it but it sucks when Desync just kills you or ping spikes etc etc It's in a weird state atm 

#12 Gear4th

Gear4th

Tour Guide

• 452 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

I get it but it sucks when Desync just kills you or ping spikes etc etc It's in a weird state atm 

never had desyncs or other stuff. i have an average build PC which is already about 2 years old and my GPU and CPU are from about 5 years ago and i never get less then 100 FPS. in my opinion for an open world the game related to FPS is totally fine, i just dont understand what PCs or even laptops some people play on, simply u cannot say anything when playing openworld games on a laptop.

• Dukeh likes this

#13 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,195 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:13 PM

Maybe more newcomer servers? With same loot not reduced, up to 50 h?
I dont like to kill unequiped New bambie players.

I don't either.  I have a solution for it as well.  It's part of the new map.  Like I said in my pinned post, Aftermath will change forever with the next patch.  These games survive on new players, not veterans.  If we can't retain new players from Steam, we have failed.  It's not about pleasing the veterans, it's about pleasing the new player.  The veterans already played more than 50 hours.  They already did their part.  It's the players that play less than an hour that are the real problem.  

We already know why Aftermath died the first time around.  I'm trying to do something different because why attempt the same thing knowing it will die?  It's pointless.  Innovation is the only way to have a chance to succeed.  

#14 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,195 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:29 PM

I hope steam gives you a license @artemis .. 

I already have a license for Steam.  Getting a license as a certified game developer is as easy as saying "hey, here's my game, I want to release it on X day, you will make money".  It's only hard if you don't have a track record to prove you know what you're doing IE never released a game.  I'm Administrator over multiple Steam titles.  They know me on a first name basis.  I know them on a first name basis.  We have our own account manager via Free Reign.  

• ChinoPanzon likes this

#15 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 934 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:28 PM

I don't either. I have a solution for it as well. It's part of the new map. Like I said in my pinned post, Aftermath will change forever with the next patch. These games survive on new players, not veterans. If we can't retain new players from Steam, we have failed. It's not about pleasing the veterans, it's about pleasing the new player. The veterans already played more than 50 hours. They already did their part. It's the players that play less than an hour that are the real problem.

We already know why Aftermath died the first time around. I'm trying to do something different because why attempt the same thing knowing it will die? It's pointless. Innovation is the only way to have a chance to succeed.

But stay true to what Aftermath is.
The Veterans are what made this revival possible and are the ones who currently still purchase legendary.

Edited by Dukeh, 20 July 2017 - 11:29 PM.

• Gear4th likes this

#16 ChinoPanzon

ChinoPanzon

Survivor

• 155 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:18 AM

The Veterans are what made this revival possible and are the ones who currently still purchase legendary.

Yeah thats true even thou you get such little stuff for having leg, If it ever comes up i think Legendary players should get to hide their names and Normal players not ? I mean all legendary players are getting right is that they can farm endlessly ( you can move your Resources back to GI) and hide backpack. Just a thought Also you got to make new players more interactive etc. Like show them the ropes LuL GL take care everyone

#17 ChinoPanzon

ChinoPanzon

Survivor

• 155 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:03 AM

Desync is when your getting shot at and you just drop even thou they are still turning around Something like that 

#18 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,195 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:40 PM

The changes should not affect veteran players at all.  It's targeted at educating and protecting new players as well as eliminating safezone camping.  

• Dukeh likes this

#19 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 934 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:15 PM

The changes should not affect veteran players at all.  It's targeted at educating and protecting new players as well as eliminating safezone camping.  

Thats good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users