• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,235 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:48 PM

Had my birthday vacation last week and now I'm back!  I turned 30!  Crazy.  I feel like maybe I'm an old man.  

I'll probably post some more screenshots of the map.  Patchs has made some really cool use of the train station and railroad tracks by putting abandoned rail cars there to be looted (and much much more on the map, he's been kicking ass).  Looks very cool. 

Just wanted to say hello.  Also there's a new badass forest that is pretty damn epic.  The new map has such a nice feel.  There's just so much we want to do.  

I have updated this post a bit more since most of you saw it.  Below are the plans for Zone 1, Zone 2 & Zone 3.  PVP rules as well as loot quality is affected by which zone you are in.

Z1 = No PVP damage, no drop on death - Questing area + Gathering area + new player spawn area. Death Durability rules still applies.  Low risk, low reward.

Z2 = Full PVP damage, no drop on death - Reputation is 1x here (subject to change) Your first taste of the game and PVP, you may die to players, but will lose nothing.  Death Durability rules still applies.  Medium risk, medium reward.

Z3 = Full PVP damage, full drop on death - Reputation is 3x here.  (may change)  Item boxes contain the best drop rates in Z3. High risk, high reward.

There is only 1 safezone on the map (all players deploy from this safezone as well), and it can be accessed by any of the 21 locations that will bring you to the safezone (as long as you are not aggressor) (or death).  Aggressor cannot use radio interface and request transport back to safezone.  

PVE servers will be removed as well as Legendary servers.  Legendary & regular users will play on the same servers with Legendary users getting perks I will explain later.  The goal is have all players under 1 ruleset and not fragment the community.  Paying for Legendary should feel worth it since Aftermath is a Free-To-Play game without feeling 'pay-to-win'.  

Pinetop will also be removed.  

dk51VVS.jpg

Jq3rktu.jpg

bLwKhQv.jpg

Wnlmf1N.jpg

jzSRCRU.jpg

• instanthotmilf, Havi, Duncansr and 10 others like this

#2 iTexx

iTexx

Noob Squad

• 118 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:37 PM

Happy B-day Artemis. I'm just curious how its going with the "Big Patch" Can you already say a excact date? I think I'm asking here for many People just cant wait to see Aftermath live again. Ofc I know that It's your Hobby and I dont want to push you, but we are waiting so loooong and I'm dying its so Boring, I want to play against many people again and have fun. Hope the map is rdy asap, All the best and hit us up with some Infos. :P

#3 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,235 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:12 AM

Well, the game was polished just enough to be playable the last few months.  There's more we want to add of course but first we need to release the new map then go from there.  It's kind of like a big long drawn out game of Sim City.  

#4 iTexx

iTexx

Noob Squad

• 118 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:21 AM

Okey well, I understand so will you release the new Map like idk in a month? Maybe in December maybe Next year? This is what I meant to ask. I think after the release from the New Map The game will Blow up again like at the beginning I'm pretty sure.

#5 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,235 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:23 AM

Okey well, I understand so will you release the new Map like idk in a month? Maybe in December maybe Next year? This is what I meant to ask. I think after the release from the New Map The game will Blow up again like at the beginning I'm pretty sure.

We don't really have a time frame.  We of course want to release it and test it with all of you but there is no reason to rush any of this and make the same mistakes that companies in the past have made trying to operate games of this scale.  We are a very small team of dudes working in our free time.  The last thing we want to do is overwhelm ourselves.  We know the game works right now, so we don't want to upset the balance.  

The new map brings a LOT of changes to the game that this current community MIGHT not be ready for.  We will have to advertise to new players via Steam in the future, there is no question.  

• Prevest and iTexx like this

#6 iTexx

iTexx

Noob Squad

• 118 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:27 AM

I understand,  well okey Thanks for your time. At least there is a answer for the Community, hope the new map will be nice and people will enjoy this game like in the past. 

#7 Prevest

Prevest

Tour Guide

• TRANSLATOR
  • 426 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:54 AM

We don't really have a time frame.  We of course want to release it and test it with all of you but there is no reason to rush any of this and make the same mistakes that companies in the past have made trying to operate games of this scale.  We are a very small team of dudes working in our free time.  The last thing we want to do is overwhelm ourselves.  We know the game works right now, so we don't want to upset the balance.  

The new map brings a LOT of changes to the game that this current community MIGHT not be ready for.  We will have to advertise to new players via Steam in the future, there is no question.  

So maybe it's worth a survey?

• Hawett(FreeZby) likes this

#8 HGHG

HGHG

Noob Squad

• 83 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:29 AM

Happy birthday! And omfg that looks amazing

#9 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,235 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:06 AM

So maybe it's worth a survey?

Nope.  No point.  

#10 Andy Guns

Andy Guns

Noob Squad

• 98 posts
  • LocationBRUSQUE SC

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:53 AM

Happy birthday and great work.

#11 CrossfireSRB

CrossfireSRB

Aftermath Old Gods

• 133 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:45 AM

Happy birthday Art! Best of wishes. 

1 question about the new map, how big it will be, compared to Arizona?

Cause Arizona feels just a bit big, like 15% smaller distances between towns would be so good.  

• Hawett(FreeZby) likes this

#12 FreddyMac

FreddyMac

Noob Squad

• 66 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:08 AM

Happy birthday.Hope you had a great one!And 30 isn't old...I just turned 48 on sept 12th lol.The new map looks amazing!Can't wait to loot it!

#13 LLlKoJlbHiK

LLlKoJlbHiK

Fresh Meat

• 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

Hello! The problem is: Prices are in the store in dollars, but I live in Ukraine. I was planning to buy a legend, but in dollars it's too expensive. Could you tell me how to translate them into rubles. My nickname is LLlKoJlbHiK. Waiting for your reply.

#14 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 937 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

Looking good ^^

#15 Moouse

Moouse

Fresh Meat

• 27 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:42 PM

Happy bithday Art ! <3 
It's Amazing ! :D  

#16 Miniscozzie

Miniscozzie

The Skyshatter King

• 861 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:47 PM

The dam is a nice touch. The old map didn't really have any visual dynamic and felt very static and not very believable. 

#17 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,235 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:00 PM

Happy birthday Art! Best of wishes. 

1 question about the new map, how big it will be, compared to Arizona?

Cause Arizona feels just a bit big, like 15% smaller distances between towns would be so good.  

It's the same map, just heavily modified.  Some areas are the same, some are new.  It will be an ongoing process as we revise what we're doing with gameplay.  Right now we've added a lot of new ponds on the map.  These ponds have significance with planned crafting features right now.  

• LLlKoJlbHiK likes this

#18 LLlKoJlbHiK

LLlKoJlbHiK

Fresh Meat

• 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

It's the same map, just heavily modified.  Some areas are the same, some are new.  It will be an ongoing process as we revise what we're doing with gameplay.  Right now we've added a lot of new ponds on the map.  These ponds have significance with planned crafting features right now.  

Hello! The problem is: Prices are in the store in dollars, but I live in Ukraine. I was planning to buy a legend, but in dollars it's too expensive. Could you tell me how to translate them into rubles. My nickname is LLlKoJlbHiK. Waiting for your reply.

#19 CrossfireSRB

CrossfireSRB

Aftermath Old Gods

• 133 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:26 AM

Thanks Art. 

Looks really nice, can't wait to play it. 

#20 SpaceC0re

SpaceC0re

Noob Squad

• 61 posts
  • LocationParis

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:42 PM

Artemis, which software do you use to make the different maps ? Thanks.

38 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users