Nightshade Engine

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 LisaAnn

LisaAnn

Fresh Meat

• 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:20 AM

So does artemis not have the rights to the current nightshade engine or it would be impossible to overhaul to it because I personally, would love to have another shattered skies type game

I don't understand why this game looks worse than iss too.

Edited by LisaAnn, 04 October 2017 - 01:21 AM.

#2 CrossfireSRB

CrossfireSRB

Aftermath Old Gods

• 108 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:34 PM

I don't know about the rest of the gang, but this game for me is not about the graphics. 

#3 Arcane

Arcane

Fresh Meat

• 11 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:16 PM

Yea . Aftermath looks worse than iss from the side of the lightning and world details. It would be very nice to see the iss rocks and trees and the whole lightning system into aftermath.

#4 Karti20

Karti20

I can do it! I guess...

• COMMUNITY DEV
  • 717 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:18 PM

Yea . Aftermath looks worse than iss from the side of the lightning and world details. It would be very nice to see the iss rocks and trees and the whole lightning system into aftermath.

Thats just because you got a sand based map instead of a lush foresty area :| thats all

Lighting you see on a map depends on the light options that are made within the map settings itself

Thats all

Ofc they could crank it up, maybe they will

Who knows

#5 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,196 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:09 AM

Karti is correct and if you check out the screenshots I've posted you'll notice lighting is constantly getting tweaked by Patchs in the new map.  

#6 Patchs

Patchs

Lead Artist

• 68 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:46 AM

Karti is right. The lighting system is pretty much the same in ISS. It just comes down to settings. And dosnt help that most of the materials are setup wrong that will be getting updates too

#7 Karti20

Karti20

I can do it! I guess...

• COMMUNITY DEV
  • 717 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:32 AM

Even if They would literaly copy light settings out of I:SS colorado, it would feel different duo lacking of lash forests over the map

#8 Patchs

Patchs

Lead Artist

• 68 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:18 PM

The current/old AM map isnt going to get any updates.

Also the textures/materials are different which changes the lighting a bit. The world details are better then the old AM map. This new maps terrain was done in a different way similar to how last Colorado and cali map was done (I did those)

For some reason I was thinking SS as in shattered skies. But I:SS Colorado the lighting really isnt that good looking over all.  Though the current lighting in the new map still needs tweaking.

ISS trees are crap and done with an old system that wouldnt work with the current one. Even after the map is released we will keep tweaking things. Want to eventually redo the pine trees models we are using but dont have the time for it now.

ISS rocks are all hand placed. Dont have time for that now but would like to eventually add similar rocks to new map. We have smaller ones but those huge cliff ones later on.

For the fuck its I dropped the I:SS lighting in just to see how it looked. You dont really notice the differences much until they are side by side.  Both are at the same time.  Staring at the same map all the time you miss things. Like the shadows dropping out for some reason, could use a bit more contrast maybe and fog could be brought in a little more. 

The old I:SS is a bit dull and sun is pointing a different direction.

yClf3FF.jpg

From Old AM map in same location and time of daye8Vur8a.jpg

Edited by Patchs, 06 October 2017 - 08:51 PM.
added old am map screen

#9 Arcane

Arcane

Fresh Meat

• 11 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:27 AM

The current/old AM map isnt going to get any updates.

Also the textures/materials are different which changes the lighting a bit. The world details are better then the old AM map. This new maps terrain was done in a different way similar to how last Colorado and cali map was done (I did those)

For some reason I was thinking SS as in shattered skies. But I:SS Colorado the lighting really isnt that good looking over all.  Though the current lighting in the new map still needs tweaking.

ISS trees are crap and done with an old system that wouldnt work with the current one. Even after the map is released we will keep tweaking things. Want to eventually redo the pine trees models we are using but dont have the time for it now.

ISS rocks are all hand placed. Dont have time for that now but would like to eventually add similar rocks to new map. We have smaller ones but those huge cliff ones later on.

For the fuck its I dropped the I:SS lighting in just to see how it looked. You dont really notice the differences much until they are side by side.  Both are at the same time.  Staring at the same map all the time you miss things. Like the shadows dropping out for some reason, could use a bit more contrast maybe and fog could be brought in a little more. 

The old I:SS is a bit dull and sun is pointing a different direction.

yClf3FF.jpg

From Old AM map in same location and time of daye8Vur8a.jpg

Yea but look hiw on colorado there is a contrast between like sand and forest i mean sand is more bright and forest is bright as on arizona tha contrast is a bit lacking.

#10 LisaAnn

LisaAnn

Fresh Meat

• 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:56 AM

I don't know about the rest of the gang, but this game for me is not about the graphics. 

I could give to fucks about graphics, but I'm talking about more of the overall feel. WarZ and shattered skies have a different feel that I cannot really explain but whatever,

#11 Patchs

Patchs

Lead Artist

• 68 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:15 AM

The original map has a bland meh feel to it. Hopefully this one will be better.  We will tweak things afterwards a bit seeing how the feedback goes.  The warz and shattered skies buildings also have a bit more run down dirty look to them if thats part of the feelz. Would like to get around to dirtying shit up again. Not to the extent of shattered skies. That is too expensive and time consuming to do for this version of the engine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users