• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 roninsaiid

roninsaiid

Survivor

• 214 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:34 PM

Hi.

I think the game needs a smaller PING limit! Unfair is that someone is better than the other player because he uses the ping. There are so many players playing this way. We often experience that someone makes an advantage of this.

It can not be hit because it's so lagg, but he can hit us.... and that's what makes the players mad. I shoot the target from 1m, then he jump 2m and nothing happens... wtf ?! Of course, he kills so pure that he has 2 pings ...

I think max 500 ping should be in the game! Anyone with more than that is kick out by the server !!

This is so in every FPS game ... exactly to avoid the inconvenience that comes from it.

Edited by roninsaiid, 06 October 2017 - 10:37 PM.

• BalgaHUN likes this

#2 CrossfireSRB

CrossfireSRB

Aftermath Old Gods

• 107 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:59 PM

I still don't get how this works, but I agree with you. 

It is not possible that someone has advantage over me because he has high ping. 

When I have high ping I can't do anything, like in CS high ping means death for sure. 

• roninsaiid likes this

#3 roninsaiid

roninsaiid

Survivor

• 214 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:57 PM

500 ping = 0,5 sec delay (lagg)

1000 ping = 1 sec

As I know, you can play in the server with 10k ping... or more... but this is a huge difference in such a game. This ping is interesting in this game! It works differently and so many people abuse it.

For example, Brazilian and Russian players. You see that they're lagg, but they're okay. That's why you die too fast when you seen just that he was target you. You die so fast that you do not have time to react. Conversely, if you shoot her, he will not die, because her character is lagg, so you does not really see where he is.
That's why they come and go over the wall or objects.
This makes pvp very difficult

Unfortunately I can not explain it better, I'm not good in English...

Edited by roninsaiid, 07 October 2017 - 12:03 AM.

#4 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 934 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:11 AM

I still don't get how this works, but I agree with you. 

It is not possible that someone has advantage over me because he has high ping. 

When I have high ping I can't do anything, like in CS high ping means death for sure. 

Advantages, no. But while i would have 20 ping on a EU server i can still die behind a wall because someone in Thailand is rocking 300. Kinda making it work both ways. It feels like both get the same delay.
Difference being a high ping player is prepared for that and will med/place barricades earlier while you may not. Not that thats a good argument anymore since people from everywhere play on a single populated server. Making ping restrictions difficult...

Edited by Dukeh, 07 October 2017 - 12:14 AM.

• roninsaiid likes this

#5 JoinCZ

JoinCZ

Fresh Meat

• 25 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:31 AM

It would be great to set ping limit. Dying behind barricades/walls just because you are playing versus someone who has 900 ping is boring...

• roninsaiid likes this

#6 Hinisertaw

Hinisertaw

Fresh Meat

• 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:15 PM

http://info-poland.ru/immigration/price-work-in-poland

#7 CrossfireSRB

CrossfireSRB

Aftermath Old Gods

• 107 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:49 AM

Just look at any video from RookieX1st, he places a barricade and walks through it. 

it shouldn't be happening, and it is because of bug.. 

That is why I support ping limit. 

#8 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 934 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:30 PM

Just look at any video from RookieX1st, he places a barricade and walks through it. 

it shouldn't be happening, and it is because of bug.. 

That is why I support ping limit. 

Yeah, i would be in support of a ping limit too. But looking at it from the other side. AM has a very small playerbase, is it a good idea to split that up any further? Another thing to consider is that there are no Asia servers, nor is there money for them (i guess).

#9 CrossfireSRB

CrossfireSRB

Aftermath Old Gods

• 107 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:11 PM

Valid point Duke, at this point it can be harmful. But in future, after the Steam release, if there should be any, it is good idea to consider. 

#10 roninsaiid

roninsaiid

Survivor

• 214 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:01 AM

laggers destroyed this game

#11 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 934 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

laggers destroyed this game

It has been like this for several years in AM already though. I don't understand, what has changed?

#12 LemonHazе

LemonHazе

Fresh Meat

• 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:55 PM

It has been like this for several years in AM already though. I don't understand, what has changed?

Simple answer for that :) 
NOTHING 

BUT 

300 more guns has been added ;) 

#13 CrossfireSRB

CrossfireSRB

Aftermath Old Gods

• 107 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:22 PM

I like all the new guns. It is not Hitman everywhere. I like that you can see Zebra, Telefrag, Islander. 

Versatility is good. Not a big fan of SMG's, but hey, some people like them. 

I realized, bigger player base will come with Steam, and then we can talk about some restrictions etc, but until then, just play the game, help it survive. 

#14 roninsaiid

roninsaiid

Survivor

• 214 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:55 AM

LOL ! Please.... I have 40 ping in EU server, and 130 ping in US server. But I swear it's bad if you do not lagg. It is simply impossible to enjoy playing this game. It's a pvp/fps game. You should define the ping limit! Otherwise, players are killing each other and they do not even know what they are doing.....

Again, I was dead when I was standing behind the rock. I died after 3 seconds when nobody shot me. This is awful... :) I cannot kill a player who play with 1000 ping! His character is so lagg, so you can not hit it... of course he will kill you right away. :D  The lagg is an advantage in this game. I think this is not a normal thing ...

Please @Artemis...

Edited by roninsaiid, 14 October 2017 - 03:59 AM.

• LemonHazе likes this

#15 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 934 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:48 AM

Simple answer for that :) 
NOTHING 

BUT 

300 more guns has been added ;)

I mean regarding high ping players, obviously Aftermath has changed a great deal so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users