overgroup

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Csodacsulaa

Csodacsulaa

Fresh Meat

• 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:33 AM

Its not normal that if i kill someone in 1v3 then they coming back with 4 or 5 more people. This game will fcking die by overgroupers if devs don't ban them!!:) thats also not normal that 9 or 10 people liberating bamburg.... Devs should defenetly do something about this!:)

#2 Arcane

Arcane

Fresh Meat

• 11 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:23 AM

They just should increase the group size back to 10. How nearly 2 years noone said anything about 10 ppl groups and now everyone started screaming . This is not ss itsh aftermath and its different.

#3 WeirdRicegrain

WeirdRicegrain

Survivor

• 227 posts
  • LocationIn space

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

I would hold it at 5, rater meet 7 overgroup than 20 overgroup

#4 ChinoPanzon

ChinoPanzon

Survivor

• 155 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:06 PM

First things First Over grouping just means more loot second How do you ban people that are playing with their friends ? I personally have only over grouped once because they were over grouping and there was like 12 of them. In your mind you think  it is suppose to be One group vs one group.... Which is not correct at all Who said it is only One group vs One group ??? LuL 

#5 CrossfireSRB

CrossfireSRB

Aftermath Old Gods

• 108 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:37 PM

Group of 10 is perfectly fine, because you know you can expect 10. 

Over groupers won't be banned because there is even videos of them doing it and no one did anything. 

So I wouldn't expect them to be punished at all. 

#6 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 934 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:37 AM

Artemis told us several times that overgrouping is not a banable offense.
AM will never be fair and will never have completely fair combat where two teams are fighting on even terms.
I always hoped most people wouldnt be dicks and just play with 5 max.
I like to think most do, but some don't. And since the game has such a low population right now it only takes one team which everyone will run into to ruin the experience for some.

• Csodacsulaa likes this

#7 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,196 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:44 AM

Maybe maybe maybe some day in the distant future we will have some sort of 5v5 mechanic... 

My idea for it is as follows...

2 portals spawn on the map, quite far from each other.  Let's say it teleports you to 'Area 51'.

Loading into the portal requires a group of 5.  

Once a portal has been entered by a group, it disappears.  It then locks both teams inside the area in a fight to the death over a treasure chest.  Maybe there's some zombies on each side that need to be cleared etc, but idea is that it is a race to the chest.  Once the chest has been opened, exit portals will appear.

Technically, only 5 players could enter, but 50 guys could 'guard' the entrance portal ensuring their 5 man makes it in.  Regardless, it's just some ideas I've had and obviously nowhere close to being implemented or even considered.  

In the mean time - Aftermath is a sandbox game.  There are no rules, don't waste your time worrying about it.  

#8 Arcane

Arcane

Fresh Meat

• 11 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:39 AM

Maybe maybe maybe some day in the distant future we will have some sort of 5v5 mechanic... 

My idea for it is as follows...

2 portals spawn on the map, quite far from each other.  Let's say it teleports you to 'Area 51'.

Loading into the portal requires a group of 5.  

Once a portal has been entered by a group, it disappears.  It then locks both teams inside the area in a fight to the death over a treasure chest.  Maybe there's some zombies on each side that need to be cleared etc, but idea is that it is a race to the chest.  Once the chest has been opened, exit portals will appear.

Technically, only 5 players could enter, but 50 guys could 'guard' the entrance portal ensuring their 5 man makes it in.  Regardless, it's just some ideas I've had and obviously nowhere close to being implemented or even considered.  

In the mean time - Aftermath is a sandbox game.  There are no rules, don't waste your time worrying about it.

But atleast bring the group limit to 10 bcs there is no point playing 6-7 friends and 2 of the has to be out of the group and get killed by teammate. Its pointless to keep it 5 limit.

#9 Sigmund Gold

Sigmund Gold

Fresh Meat

• 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:09 PM

grouping should be disabled at all. there should be a risk to kill mates if you wanna group.

#10 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,196 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:01 PM

But atleast bring the group limit to 10 bcs there is no point playing 6-7 friends and 2 of the has to be out of the group and get killed by teammate. Its pointless to keep it 5 limit.

Like I said - Don't waste your time worrying about it.

#11 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 934 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:21 PM

grouping should be disabled at all. there should be a risk to kill mates if you wanna group.

I do not agree. This would benefit people camping more than anything. Yes, you would have to be more coordinated. But it would make camping too appealing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users