• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,196 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:09 PM

Got a question for you guys since we've been discussing this internally.

Grouping works fine for Blue Zone + Yellow Zone.  No issues there.

We are considering making red zones no-group zones meaning as soon as you become flagged as entering a red zone, you will be removed from group.  

Curious what you guys think about this.  You could still 'work together' in a group of 5-10 etc, but you would not see group markers and rely on VOIP / coordination. 

Idea here is that gameplay works as follows

Blue zones = stepping stone, learning game mechanics without worrying about griefing.  You might not even drop any items on death in this zone even if you accidentally die to zombies.

Yellow zone = learning game further, little bit of risk of death to other player, but still won't drop any items on death

Red zone = full risk reward, full drop, best loot areas in the game.  Hardcores only.  "original survival"

#2 BalgaHUN

BalgaHUN

Noob Squad

• 109 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:37 PM

Liberating this way would be pain in the ass for everyone. I don't really like to communicate with my friends like this every time we are playing: 'Is it you?' 'Where are you?'

Without groups you cant really split up to kill zombies for a lib or even for a flank in PvP without informing your teammates 7/24 about your position. It would be boring.

Pvping like this would be interesting, you must be careful in it but from the other side it would be annoying too if you shot your teammate accidentally.

I'm not sure but I say it would be better without changing grouping system in red zone too.

Edited by BalgaHUN, 11 October 2017 - 08:41 PM.

• Raymolfin, ChinoPanzon and aNA like this

#3 HGHG

HGHG

Noob Squad

• 68 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:55 PM

I like this alot.

#4 CrossfireSRB

CrossfireSRB

Aftermath Old Gods

• 108 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:27 PM

I'm with BalgaHUN on this one. 

#5 ChinoPanzon

ChinoPanzon

Survivor

• 155 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:54 PM

Nah i want the groups im with BalgaHun aswell :/ 

Edit: Also do not wipe Gi's that would be messed up since i payed for legendary to loot on low pop servers.

Edited by ChinoPanzon, 12 October 2017 - 04:01 AM.

#6 Karti20

Karti20

I can do it! I guess...

• COMMUNITY DEV
  • 717 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:34 AM

Everything sounds nice and easy, tho about groups... prepare to get masive back lash since playing with communication for some people is hard xd

Nah i want the groups im with BalgaHun aswell :/

Edit: Also do not wipe Gi's that would be messed up since i payed for legendary to loot on low pop servers.

Almost every loot based game, if goes out of closed / open betas to the public, goes through the wipe to make start for everyone as fair as it could be.

Even fucking CrapZ ( NewZ ) did that cuz it would be unfair to everyone that started after game showed up on steam, to play without nothing against people that played when game was still possible to download other way....

There could be make some kind of „small pack” of bonus loot for people with leggendaries account etc... but having all stuff would be totaly unfair.. and later people are always like „why there are almost no new people!?”....

And about groups... what is the problem of playing with your friends without actual groups but with communication?

Aren’t groups suppose to be coordinated by voip, not just a tiny blue arow above your head :|

If you don’t like talking / communicating with your so called friends while playing together, then what kind of friends / team mates they are really to you?

Edited by Karti20, 12 October 2017 - 05:35 AM.

#7 Miniscozzie

Miniscozzie

The Skyshatter King

• 860 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:49 AM

Got a question for you guys since we've been discussing this internally.

Grouping works fine for Blue Zone + Yellow Zone.  No issues there.

We are considering making red zones no-group zones meaning as soon as you become flagged as entering a red zone, you will be removed from group.  

Curious what you guys think about this.  You could still 'work together' in a group of 5-10 etc, but you would not see group markers and rely on VOIP / coordination. 

Idea here is that gameplay works as follows

Blue zones = stepping stone, learning game mechanics without worrying about griefing.  You might not even drop any items on death in this zone even if you accidentally die to zombies.

Yellow zone = learning game further, little bit of risk of death to other player, but still won't drop any items on death

Red zone = full risk reward, full drop, best loot areas in the game.  Hardcores only.  "original survival"

Adapting the original concept for Shattered Skies here in relation to zones? 

#8 MicQru

MicQru

Fresh Meat

• 38 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:07 AM

I don´t think its good idea..

#9 BalgaHUN

BalgaHUN

Noob Squad

• 109 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

Everything sounds nice and easy, tho about groups... prepare to get masive back lash since playing with communication for some people is hard xd

Almost every loot based game, if goes out of closed / open betas to the public, goes through the wipe to make start for everyone as fair as it could be.

Even fucking CrapZ ( NewZ ) did that cuz it would be unfair to everyone that started after game showed up on steam, to play without nothing against people that played when game was still possible to download other way....

There could be make some kind of „small pack” of bonus loot for people with leggendaries account etc... but having all stuff would be totaly unfair.. and later people are always like „why there are almost no new people!?”....

And about groups... what is the problem of playing with your friends without actual groups but with communication?

Aren’t groups suppose to be coordinated by voip, not just a tiny blue arow above your head :|

If you don’t like talking / communicating with your so called friends while playing together, then what kind of friends / team mates they are really to you?

Karti you dont get it.
With or without group system you need to communicate with your mates to be successful, and trust me we are trying to cooperate. I just said I want to avoid saying the whole time: 'Is it you?'  'Where are you?'

#10 instanthotmilf

instanthotmilf

Tour Guide

• 383 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:57 PM

What about keeping group arrows in the red zone but being able to deal damage to your friends. Fair enough imo
  • aNA, Dukeh and BalgaHUN like this

#11 BalgaHUN

BalgaHUN

Noob Squad

• 109 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:27 PM

What about keeping group arrows in the red zone but being able to deal damage to your friends. Fair enough imo

Yeah fair enough. I just hope it isn't too hard to carry out.

• LemonHazе likes this

#12 sellins

sellins

Fresh Meat

• 23 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:02 PM

Do you mean to wipe out the GI when it's open to people?

#13 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,196 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:11 PM

Seems grouping has to stay.  Looks like it's simply too hardcore without grouping mechanics

• Raymolfin, StarGeneral and ChinoPanzon like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users