22 replies to this topic

#1 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,279 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:50 PM

Hey everyone

I wanted to discuss one of our monetization ideas for Legendary users since the map is updating and Legendary servers will be removed causing Legendary & Regular users to play on the same map.

There are currently things called "POI" Point of Interest spawns, it's what you find at the police station, or up in towers etc.  The items come in a box.  It's most likely what most of you looting are finding right now. 

The idea we propose is the following:

Blue zone spawns a Blue Box when looting a POI spawn.

Yellow zone spawns a Yellow box when looting a POI spawn.

Red zone spawns a Red box when looting a POI spawn.

If the player has a premium(legendary) membership then they will instead receive 1 tier higher of a POI spawn.

Blue will get yellow box spawns, Yellow will get Red box spawns, and Red box will get special Purple box spawns.  

It's basically a permanent increase to your POI spawn table thus a Legendary user will get slightly better loot over time the more they play without directly creating Pay-To-Win by allowing players to buy weapons, ammo, meds, armor, etc etc etc that ruins the game but still providing something worth $10 a month to keep servers up.  

What do you think about this?  

(remember, there are other perks for Legendary, but this thread is NOT for overall legendary perk discussion, only the POI idea)

In short, do you like this idea, does it make Premium sound worth it to you?

• Juke, BalgaHUN and GeraldPaumb like this

#2 Remember_my

Remember_my

Survivor

• 179 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:57 PM

Yeah, nice. Artemis,when we can see new update?

Edited by Remember_my, 26 October 2017 - 08:59 PM.

#3 Gear4th

Gear4th

Tour Guide

• 469 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:28 PM

It surely isnt pay2win but it comes close to that aspect tho, it is hard to find something i myself have no clue how to make it cause everything makes it a huge changes as long as you dont have skilltrees where you can get 2x more EXP as a Legendary user.

i thought about a teleporter around all cities teleporting to the next closes city nearby so people can go from area to area quicker, but this can be called as pay2win too so i dont really know.

maybe legendary users can use the storage everywhere in the desert/cities/...

also you can put a few skins as a free rotation for legendary user(no rare skins just  a few greens to have always a full clothe set up body/pants/helm/... ) in a few games i played they used it and it worked pretty well.

Also you should slowely implement a clansystem( has nothing to do with your topic xD)

#4 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,279 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, nice. Artemis,when we can see new update?

When we are confident everything is working as we want it to.  

#5 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,279 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:29 PM

It surely isnt pay2win but it comes close to that aspect tho, it is hard to find something i myself have no clue how to make it cause everything makes it a huge changes as long as you dont have skilltrees where you can get 2x more EXP as a Legendary user.

i thought about a teleporter around all cities teleporting to the next closes city nearby so people can go from area to area quicker, but this can be called as pay2win too so i dont really know.

maybe legendary users can use the storage everywhere in the desert/cities/...

also you can put a few skins as a free rotation for legendary user(no rare skins just  a few greens to have always a full clothe set up body/pants/helm/... ) in a few games i played they used it and it worked pretty well.

Also you should slowely implement a clansystem( has nothing to do with your topic xD)

This thread is not for discussing any of this.  Only the POI spawn idea and legendary users getting +1 to lootbox tier.  

#6 Teddybear333

Teddybear333

Fresh Meat

• 11 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:43 PM

It is clear to me that everyone (devs too) want legendary to be not pay to win but more like a bonus for supporting the game : give them a bonus, not an advantage? :)

Not sure if this would be hard to do but why not make legendary members get 2 items from a box but only in the highest tier? or mid and high tier? you could also put that on a 50% chance so they will have a 50% chance to get another item from that box? Otherwise I would suggest to give legendary members maybe like a daily materials reward or a high tier pack of items? every 3 days? that should put them as 10 packs each pack containing maybe 3-6 items? This POI is very nice and interesting indeed but it would give a very big advantage to legendary players, they get even better "good" gear from farming in high tier zones, so why not reward them in amount instead of better quality/power? to balance it out you could make the blue and yellow boxes drop 2 items for legendary members, so they would still have to go to high tier zones to get "better" loot.

P.S. : good freaking job on the game dude, joined today, loving it!

Edited by Teddybear333, 26 October 2017 - 09:45 PM.

#7 aNA

aNA

Survivor

• 225 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:12 AM

The legendary account can :

- Stack attachments in the inventory ?
- Have extra slots for the backpack (1 or 2 for each backpack) ?
- Join a group (Players play at 10 per team will not change anything for them :))
- Better durability of weapons ?
- Craft less expensive ?
- Skin legendary ? Skin unique ?
- Import an image on the barricades (Skin barricades) ?
- A gold rank above the head ? 

( Only ideas.. )

• Remember_my and alexcizs like this

#8 Remember_my

Remember_my

Survivor

• 179 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:45 AM

- Join a group (Players play at 10 per team will not change anything for them :))
- Craft less expensive ?

( Only ideas.. )

This guy tell nice things, what you think about this Artemis?

Edited by Remember_my, 27 October 2017 - 09:50 AM.

#9 BalgaHUN

BalgaHUN

Noob Squad

• 123 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:04 AM

AK already said this topic is only about the POI spawns for legendary players so try to don't start brainstorm here. :) Tho I think you have some nice ideas.

I like AK's idea about POI spawns. Worthy and still not pay2win.

Edited by BalgaHUN, 27 October 2017 - 11:28 AM.

#10 Karti20

Karti20

I can do it! I guess...

• COMMUNITY DEV
  • 722 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:12 AM

- Craft less expensive ?

( Only ideas.. )

color trivia

green - good ideas
orange - pointless ideas or something that could be added later
red - a p2w stuff we don't need

ok here is explaination

Artemis already explained we are trying to improve legendary system, without making it pay-2-win
getting a better durability of weapon is actualy making it better since that gun can be used longer as long as someone with legendary account uses it... i can already see people abusing that system

Less expensive crafting should be possible to everyone without beeing blocked by a pay wall but instead some kind of grind / quest in a game

• alexcizs likes this

#11 HGHG

HGHG

Noob Squad

• 91 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:05 PM

Yeah this sounds fine

#12 Arcane

Arcane

Fresh Meat

• 15 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:07 AM

Yeah good idea :)

#13 mycka

mycka

Noob Squad

• 78 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:11 AM

Keep the bagback on/off with legendary account pls

#14 SnaggedMarrrow3

SnaggedMarrrow3

Fresh Meat

• 18 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:58 PM

When the update is released, would our gi's get wiped or would we have all our stuff 

#15 ChillCreep

ChillCreep

Fresh Meat

• 10 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:39 AM

Boosted loot for Legendaries sounds great to me. Nice idea, it seems a fair compromise and a worthwhile reward.

#16 roninsaiid

roninsaiid

Tour Guide

• 305 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:18 AM

It would be enough for me to have a difference between the two servers! There is currently no difference. In fact, I find better stuff on the normal server than on a legendary server! At present it is annoying. 3 days I farming, but I did not find anything worth mentioning......

Supply drop is still give plan.....

#17 BalgaHUN

BalgaHUN

Noob Squad

• 123 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:09 AM

It would be enough for me to have a difference between the two servers! There is currently no difference. In fact, I find better stuff on the normal server than on a legendary server! At present it is annoying. 3 days I farming, but I did not find anything worth mentioning......

Supply drop is still give plan.....

You had just bad luck... Don't complain.

The 2nd thing is right. Supply drops, item boxes shouldn't give you BPs in my opinion.

#18 Interfector

Interfector

Noob Squad

• 83 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:44 PM

well legendary was already not for the player but for the game so why not..

I am not even considering every time i load up the application and log in i have to laugh last update 9.6.17 ;) 

its a joke really 

teasers are fun but the timing is sketchy to say the least, i wonder for what game this new map is a test for..

#19 MaZe

MaZe

Noob Squad

• 57 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:55 AM

It is actually 6.9.17

#20 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,279 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 10:51 PM

The new map simply updates the core gameplay and changes the game in a direction that allows us to be a bit more open ended.  We want more content than just looting and as only 3 of us working on it on weekends it's slow and steady.  We know people aren't playing this game for the graphics, so we intend to make sure gameplay is solid :) 

• MvBlyat, alexcizs, roninsaiid and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: legendary, monthly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users