25 replies to this topic

#1 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,279 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:29 PM

Hello strangers,

The Thanksgiving break was great for me, hopefully it was great for all of you as well.  Even if you don't eat turkey, hopefully you had a relaxing weekend. 

The good news is that I think we will be able to start testing the new map very soonish.  As of this last content push we were able to finish the following:

• Map entirely overhauled with new terrain paints, trees, rocks, shrubs details, some new locations to loot etc etc
  • Ambience overhaul for the entire map.  It sounds WAY better than the current game and each time of day has its own unique audio now.  Really adds to the feel of the game.  When I make a video I'll make sure to play the full cycle a few times
  • Player respawn locations are finished / deploy
  • Item spawns for Point of Interest + normal spawns are complete except 2 areas that I plan to finish tonight
  • Edge of map collision / areas that you cannot go
  • Icon updates for Ponds, evacuate locations, safezone, deploy etc updated
  • Navigation updated + zombies for all playable areas finished
  • Blue, Yellow and Red zone loot differences and combat rules
  • lighting updates to day night cycle
  • minimap updated to reflect new map

What's not done yet that we are working on right now (some of this probably won't be part of testing as it's just taking a lot of time and we will roll it out as it is working)

• Gathering / Harvesting / Fishing / Refining / Updated Crafting gameplay
  • Quests/Missions/New Player Guide style things
  • Reputation for PVP icons / ranks
  • Backpack Skins
  • Barricade Skins
  • Tombstone Skins
  • Lootable Chests on timer (both solo & group competitive versions)
  • XP/Skills

So you may ask... what's stopping you from playing?  Well.  Not that much, however, we want to try and implement as many new features as possible for one 'large' update since we've already waited this long.  We could try and push the update to you very shortly since the map has all functioning gameplay working however we want to try and chip away a bit more at our list of new features.  

Let's see what else we can get working :)

-Artemis

Vw3vhl1.jpg

pva41Ek.jpg

71YoWDq.jpg

• dark42, Zeloooh, Hawett(FreeZby) and 6 others like this

#2 iTexx

iTexx

Noob Squad

• 140 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:43 PM

I love you Artemis haha It came out of nowhere like RKO Kappa no for real you made my Night :D

#3 SnaggedMarrrow3

SnaggedMarrrow3

Fresh Meat

• 18 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:59 PM

Nice stuff Artemis but please the game that i like don't make it completely like NewZ

JUST SAYING HYPED ABOUT THE UPDATE THOUGH

#4 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,279 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:15 PM

Nice stuff Artemis but please the game that i like don't make it completely like NewZ

JUST SAYING HYPED ABOUT THE UPDATE THOUGH

It is nothing like NewZ.  We'll never have a cash shop where you can obtain in game items for money.  It creates fraud and breaks the in game economy and trade value of items.  That is something I have no interest in ever doing.  

• Prevest likes this

#5 HGHG

HGHG

Noob Squad

• 91 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:25 PM

Really nice with a update!  Sounds so good cant wait

#6 Hawett(FreeZby)

Hawett(FreeZby)

Survivor

• 290 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:53 PM

Evacuate points--- If players will be camping there I'm done....

#7 Hawett(FreeZby)

Hawett(FreeZby)

Survivor

• 290 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:56 PM

It sounds and looks very good overall, but I'm scared of 10+ group just camping evacuate point, it will happen sooner or later..

EDIT:

Is wipe coming when the new map will be added or in the long long future? :D

Edited by Hawett(FreeZby), 28 November 2017 - 10:02 PM.

#8 xyphen

xyphen

Noob Squad

• 56 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:03 PM

im so excited xD

#9 Prevest

Prevest

Tour Guide

• TRANSLATOR
  • 438 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:15 PM

MmmmMMmMmM :)))) :D  :D  :D

#10 ChinoPanzon

ChinoPanzon

Survivor

• 234 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:37 PM

Will there be private servers ? 

Also will the drops be better loot wise Example- More guns, meds, nato and melnars instead of the blue prints ?(i don't like blue prints in drops kinda annoying)

• Hawett(FreeZby) likes this

#11 ChinoPanzon

ChinoPanzon

Survivor

• 234 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

It will make no sense to wipe since everyone that is paying for the game and kept it alive to be to be screwed over. I bought 3 private servers for farming and legendary countless times for better loot and more peaceful farming so wiping would be messed up and i would lose all confidence in the game 

#12 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,279 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:50 PM

There are 21 evacuation points on the map right now.  A lot more than the previous 4 safezones.  They are open areas where it will be very clear if there are people camping it or not in which case just run to a different one.  I'm sure a few will be 'hot zones' compared to other ones. 

I've moved blueprint drops to be more centralized in blue / yellow areas since they are more 'beginner' oriented.  The red areas I expect you to already have your blueprints and if you find any in the red area they will be unique to the red area.  (we'll see, always subject to change) 

I've said this a million times... I have no plans to wipe the game... Only if items become corrupt or there is some massive issue that arises... Otherwise all items have durability in the game for a reason... so that they have a lifespan.  Like I said previously... backpacks will have to get durability on them soon and they will slowly break each death.  Otherwise we'll eventually have millions of the largest backpack floating around thus devaluing them.  

If an item does get rebalanced however, it is likely that item will be deleted from player inventories but how many times has that happened now?  Once or twice to one of the assault rifles?  

I'm pretty happy with the economy right now and trade value of items.  Players seem to be getting used to the value of things as well.  It takes time for dust to settle which is why I don't like making huge economy changes 24/7...  It's delicate.  

• pipya likes this

#13 ChinoPanzon

ChinoPanzon

Survivor

• 234 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:10 AM

Only thing left to ask is if there are going to be private servers. I think you've said it before not too sure sorry to make you repeat yourself. Take care and have a good day.

#14 MaZe

MaZe

Noob Squad

• 58 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:24 AM

One suggestion here hoe, if you are going to add xp/skills kinda stuff like NewZ, please don't let it affect pvp, like how u can take less damage and heal more i think it will be unfair.

Edited by Mr_Knot, 29 November 2017 - 01:24 AM.

• Prevest likes this

#15 Fresh

Fresh

Fresh Meat

• 13 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:48 PM

Artemis, nice job i hope the update will be here asap <3 im so bored and i cant find a game to play

want to come back to aftermath )))

#16 aNA

aNA

Survivor

• 225 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:06 PM

Nice

#17 JoinCZ

JoinCZ

Noob Squad

• 59 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:04 PM

So you may ask... what's stopping you from playing?  Well.  Not that much, however, we want to try and implement as many new features as possible for one 'large' update since we've already waited this long.  We could try and push the update to you very shortly since the map has all functioning gameplay working however we want to try and chip away a bit more at our list of new features.  

Let's see what else we can get working :)

-Artemis

The thing that forces us (me, my group and people I know) to stop playing the game is simple. We are dying each day with full gear against people who are lagging so hard so we can't even see them in the fight. They are playing with 1k + ping so you are dying behind walls, barricades or you instantly die without seeing them. I already made a topic about that but seems like nobody cares.

• pipya likes this

#18 ChillCreep

ChillCreep

Fresh Meat

• 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:58 PM

Super excited.

Are we looking at potential map release prior to 2018, or in Q1 2018?

I'd be thrilled to get a chance at it before 2018, even unfinished, in addition to the existing servers.

Will it replace the existing map? That's been my assumption, just looking for confirmation.

#19 BalgaHUN

BalgaHUN

Noob Squad

• 123 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:47 PM

Super excited.

Are we looking at potential map release prior to 2018, or in Q1 2018?

I'd be thrilled to get a chance at it before 2018, even unfinished, in addition to the existing servers.

Will it replace the existing map? That's been my assumption, just looking for confirmation.

It will.

#20 StarGeneral

StarGeneral

Fresh Meat

• 32 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:39 PM

Very cool stuff, excited to see how the map zones work out with gameplay and the new features coming down the road. Thanks :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: updates, progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users