• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 TheMilkman

TheMilkman

Noob Squad

• 112 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

Just to confirm this upcoming update will have along with the new map the things you had on that old checklist of things to do before we release map correct? Or will this update just contain the new map and features such as skill tree will come later?

#2 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,279 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:50 PM

It will have whatever I put in the patch notes.  

Phase 1 is patch the damn map.  Once that is working, we'll implement the other stuff as it is working.  

#3 CrossfireSRB

CrossfireSRB

Aftermath Old Gods

• 165 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:21 PM

I can't wait to explore that dam from sneak peeks and to check where the best loot is being spawned. 

I just hope it won't be too much trees like in current SS.

#4 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,279 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:48 PM

I can't wait to explore that dam from sneak peeks and to check where the best loot is being spawned. 

I just hope it won't be too much trees like in current SS.

Even if it is... WE CAN CHANGE IT!  WE CAN DO ANYTHING.  NOBODY CAN TELL US WE CAN'T.  

#5 TheMilkman

TheMilkman

Noob Squad

• 112 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:13 AM

Even if it is... WE CAN CHANGE IT!  WE CAN DO ANYTHING.  NOBODY CAN TELL US WE CAN'T.  

When those flying unicorns gettin added?

• ChinoPanzon likes this

#6 Ineedthat

Ineedthat

Noob Squad

• 87 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:08 AM

Yeah, definitely not a fan of trees. xD

#7 xyphen

xyphen

Noob Squad

• 56 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:37 PM

if theres no trees theres less cover and the map will just look empty. you need some trees 

#8 KillStyler

KillStyler

UNBANNED

• 58 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:57 PM

than why we cant change the new aftermath in the old aftermath? a lot of people miss the time where we had only Hitman, Blackdesert, Skyshatter and 3,5melnars THIS 3 KINDS OF WEAPONS WERE ENOUGH, but 1 bambi came and said lets add some new weaps nobody likes the new weapons they are all shit

• jzedder, JoinCZ, FresHy and 2 others like this

#9 CrossfireSRB

CrossfireSRB

Aftermath Old Gods

• 165 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:42 PM

if theres no trees theres less cover and the map will just look empty. you need some trees 

Some, completely agree :) not a rainforest. :D 

#10 jzedder

jzedder

Fresh Meat

• 17 posts
  • LocationUSA, NM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:52 PM

than why we cant change the new aftermath in the old aftermath? a lot of people miss the time where we had only Hitman, Blackdesert, Skyshatter and 3,5melnars THIS 3 KINDS OF WEAPONS WERE ENOUGH, but 1 bambi came and said lets add some new weaps nobody likes the new weapons they are all shit

I know right?! I miss the old full Arizona map. I miss the bases! I miss those huge safezone battles we all loved! If your trying to get aftermath back on its feet, thats pretty much what most people wanted. I remember the first 2-3 servers of the old Arizona map were full of 150/150 people because it was awesome!, but then when pinetop came in, Aftermath pretty much died because barley anyone liked it.  And besides nothing about those "new" guns we have right now is nothing new, these are all old WarZ guns and attachments. This game is more beginning to feel like the WarZ aka The NewZ. If the new map will replace the Arizona map for good, I know for a fact that a lot of the players will quit aftermath for good, because I know I will. 

• KillStyler likes this

#11 TheMilkman

TheMilkman

Noob Squad

• 112 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:24 PM

I like the new guns personally. Even being from Warz, the different lighting and shade makes them look like brand new weapons. As long as we dont get shiny fancy looking riot sheilds, crazy skinned backpacks, lightsaber swords i'm not worried about the game being to much like Newz. The game should strive to have a survival feel and not become to over the top like Newz. Stuff like the unicorn outfit is standing on the borderline and nothing should get more crazy then that in my opinion.

#12 jzedder

jzedder

Fresh Meat

• 17 posts
  • LocationUSA, NM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:23 PM

I like the new guns personally. Even being from Warz, the different lighting and shade makes them look like brand new weapons. As long as we dont get shiny fancy looking riot sheilds, crazy skinned backpacks, lightsaber swords i'm not worried about the game being to much like Newz. The game should strive to have a survival feel and not become to over the top like Newz. Stuff like the unicorn outfit is standing on the borderline and nothing should get more crazy then that in my opinion.

I understand, and I would agree. But Artemis just wiped the two main reasons I liked aftermath for, and they were the full sized Arizona map and bases. ahh the good old days >>> 

When I heard that Artemis was bringing aftermath back, I was really hoping for the original Arizona map to come back, the old drops to come back and deploy a good anticheat with maybe a possibility of viechles. 

He also said it clear that he will do what the community wants, I don't think ANYBODY asked for a new map, or asked him to remove anything such as bases, 10 man groups, and such. Artemis just does everything his way, and barley listens to the community. 

• KillStyler likes this

#13 BalgaHUN

BalgaHUN

Noob Squad

• 123 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

I understand, and I would agree. But Artemis just wiped the two main reasons I liked aftermath for, and they were the full sized Arizona map and bases. ahh the good old days >>> 

When I heard that Artemis was bringing aftermath back, I was really hoping for the original Arizona map to come back, the old drops to come back and deploy a good anticheat with maybe a possibility of viechles. 

He also said it clear that he will do what the community wants, I don't think ANYBODY asked for a new map, or asked him to remove anything such as bases, 10 man groups, and such. Artemis just does everything his way, and barley listens to the community. 

Really? 
10 man groups - Community asked
Bases - Community asked for better fps, better performance... Tons of objects of these wouldn't help in it.

#14 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,279 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:41 PM

Posts like this just confirm to me that you are NOT part of the community that is playing.  Thanks but no.  Take off your rose tinted goggles and try again.  

#15 Zombie Bob

Zombie Bob

Fresh Meat

• 22 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:03 PM

Iam part of this community but i get banned in the forum from time to time.

Maybe a new bug

#16 TheMilkman

TheMilkman

Noob Squad

• 112 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

Honestly I do also agree the map shouldent have gotten shrunk and should've gotten stuff added to the left side instead but still a new map is always nice anyways. As for bases I think stuff such as small shacks and sleeping bags should get re-added. Remember how stupid it was to be running next to Bamburg and seeing gigantic towers that would drop you 20 fps all around the town? As for groups fuck the 10 mans. Hell, I personally hate the 5 mans to because I only play solo but 5 man I understand and thats a fair size to most people. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users