• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 MrElnur

MrElnur

Fresh Meat

• 16 posts
  • LocationAzerbaijan-Baku, Ukraine-Odessa

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:22 PM

Sorry for my bad english.. i think for 1 account 10$ price its good idea.. and 1IP only can create 1 account.. its i think good idea.. free to play = soo many hackers

• ChinoPanzon and roninsaiid like this

#2 Remember_my

Remember_my

Survivor

• 179 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:18 PM

Sorry for my bad english.. i think for 1 account 10$ price its good idea.. and 1IP only can create 1 account.. its i think good idea.. free to play = soo many hackers

+ 1

#3 Teddybear333

Teddybear333

Fresh Meat

• 11 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:05 PM

No offense but for an unfinished game? Plus it already has microtransactions? -1

• pipya likes this

#4 roninsaiid

roninsaiid

Tour Guide

• 305 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:20 PM

+1 :)

#5 TheMilkman

TheMilkman

Noob Squad

• 112 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:38 AM

Once it gets released on steam +1.

• ChinoPanzon likes this

#6 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 964 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:15 AM

Once it gets released on steam +1.

No. Obviously the game will still be Aftermath (which to some people still equals I:SS), just a better version of it.
We need people to try the game and like it, if it gets a 10 euro pricetag noone will even want to try it.
It would come with large amounts of criticism too.

Edited by Dukeh, 07 January 2018 - 05:17 AM.

• Teddybear333 likes this

#7 TheMilkman

TheMilkman

Noob Squad

• 112 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:37 PM

True but that would be the best hacker solution. Even a small 5$ price tag would deter them
  • ChinoPanzon likes this

#8 ChinoPanzon

ChinoPanzon

Survivor

• 234 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:23 PM

+1

#9 Gear4th

Gear4th

Tour Guide

• 469 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:34 PM

True but that would be the best hacker solution. Even a small 5$ price tag would deter them

you guys do not know how real cheaters work :)

they bought in war z even when there was no sale accounts for 20$ and just cheated for 1-2 weeks till they got banned and sold gear on black market.

so you so much to learn

#10 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 964 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:57 PM

It would reduce the amount of players trying the game massively.
Aftermath needs new players. And it won't get those if the game has a pricetag.
Not only that, but Free Reign doesn't have a good reputation. And to many it will look at another attempt at milking games.
If theres no pricetag, theres no reason to not try it.

#11 TheMilkman

TheMilkman

Noob Squad

• 112 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:11 PM

It would reduce the amount of players trying the game massively.
Aftermath needs new players. And it won't get those if the game has a pricetag.
Not only that, but Free Reign doesn't have a good reputation. And to many it will look at another attempt at milking games.
If theres no pricetag, theres no reason to not try it.

Wild West Online for example made some good money even with bad reputations. That game was even 40$. With a very small inital pricetag it would deter some cheaters and would help the game make more money. Unless we can get a good monetezation system going and have alot of people on it in order to get a good anti cheat system this would be a good solution. 

#12 fl3x1e

fl3x1e

Fresh Meat

• 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:50 PM

Make a good anticheat and all will be well

#13 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 964 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:05 PM

Wild West Online for example made some good money even with bad reputations. That game was even 40$. With a very small inital pricetag it would deter some cheaters and would help the game make more money. Unless we can get a good monetezation system going and have alot of people on it in order to get a good anti cheat system this would be a good solution. 

I doubt wild west online made a lot of money yet. Either way, it attracted an entirely different audience. Most of who have no experience with Free Reign at all or never even heard of it.
Essentially, Aftermath will still be the game it is now. So what we would be doing is go from a free title to a paid title.
Noone likes to see microtransactions after paying for a game, and especially not things like legendary right now.
So we would have to cut legendary out and from that point on the game would solely rely on new players buying the game. Once noone buys it anymore Aftermath would have to be shut down because theres no money to pay for server upkeep.

Yes. Adding a pricetag would mean less cheaters. But it would also mean a lot less players in general. And while cheaters are an issue this game really needs to expand its playerbase on steam release because there will be no better moment to do so.
Adding a pricetag isn't a solution.

• alexcizs likes this

#14 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

Lead Design

• ADMIN
  • 667,279 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:48 AM

Duke is correct.  

• alexcizs likes this

#15 TheMilkman

TheMilkman

Noob Squad

• 112 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:55 AM

Thank you for explaining Duke Daddy. I see the other POV and I agree now. We will just need to focus on Hardware Id banning every cheater then so they can never come back. I dont know how much harder it is to Hardware Id ban someone from regular banning. It cant be that much harder/ time consuming right?

#16 MrElnur

MrElnur

Fresh Meat

• 16 posts
  • LocationAzerbaijan-Baku, Ukraine-Odessa

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:17 AM

Thank you for explaining Duke Daddy. I see the other POV and I agree now. We will just need to focus on Hardware Id banning every cheater then so they can never come back. I dont know how much harder it is to Hardware Id ban someone from regular banning. It cant be that much harder/ time consuming right?

hardware ban programmers can fix :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users