Photo

Can We Use Old Unused Warz Zombie Animations?

Old Animations

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 TheMilkman

TheMilkman

Noob Squad

• 112 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:12 AM

Let me start by saying I know next to nothing about game development and have no clue if this would work or if we are even allowed to do this but since we are using other Infestation assets such as the guns I wonder what else we could use. I was watching old Warz/Infestation videos such as the "Rampage" gameplay trailer and old Q/A's with Sergey Titov on dev servers where they had brand new Zombie animations no one has seen before. Even something simple such as walking with one arm out at you in the Rampage gameplay looked cool and refreshing from the generic old animations we have. I wanted to know why were these animations never used back in Infestation and would we be allowed/ could take those old animations and implement them into this game to make the zombies new and refreshing at a low cost.

• HGHG and Edwardjes like this

#2 Patchs

Patchs

Lead Artist

• 77 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:21 AM

I frogot we even had those. I see those animations for them.  Something to look into later on. Map patch first.

• TheMilkman likes this

#3 sellins

sellins

Fresh Meat

• 29 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:25 AM

Let me start by saying I know next to nothing about game development and have no clue if this would work or if we are even allowed to do this but since we are using other Infestation assets such as the guns I wonder what else we could use. I was watching old Warz/Infestation videos such as the "Rampage" gameplay trailer and old Q/A's with Sergey Titov on dev servers where they had brand new Zombie animations no one has seen before. Even something simple such as walking with one arm out at you in the Rampage gameplay looked cool and refreshing from the generic old animations we have. I wanted to know why were these animations never used back in Infestation and would we be allowed/ could take those old animations and implement them into this game to make the zombies new and refreshing at a low cost.

+1

#4 HGHG

HGHG

Noob Squad

• 91 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:18 PM

After the map i really think the zombies are worth taking a look at. They have been the same for so many years now and could need a fresh touch to them,  if possible.

• mark_belarus and TheMilkman like this

#5 TheMilkman

TheMilkman

Noob Squad

• 112 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:09 PM

It would be so funny if we could get Artemis to do a single zombie noise. It would be Hilarious

#6 Karti20

Karti20

I can do it! I guess...

• COMMUNITY DEV
  • 722 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:36 PM

you mean stuff like crawling zombies etc?

some people manage to make them running "privately" ( dunno what that means dx ) but these were never unfinished..

example : a crawling zombie would insta get up to use atack animation, and later get on a ground in 1 single frame to start moving, was crazy AF

thoo would like to see something like that beeing made from a scrap here

#7 TheMilkman

TheMilkman

Noob Squad

• 112 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

No no, Go look up Artemis Knives Q/A Sergey Titov. He is running around on a dev server and some zombies has new unused walking animations etc. Also in old trailers there is old walking with 1 hand out examples. The crawlers I forgot about but that woukd be cool to. When i get home later I will post a video with examples

Edited by TheMilkman, 09 January 2018 - 04:49 PM.

#8 TheMilkman

TheMilkman

Noob Squad

• 112 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:54 PM

Examples:

2:51 Zombie on the right

15:36 Look all around at the MULTIPLE animations being used for zombies all around

38:08 Some zombies are doing unused walking animations

And then we have this old old video

Examples:

0:28 Zombie using unused walking animation while not agro 

0:33 When agrod zombie uses unused cool arm out animation

2:28 Zombie using unused hit animation which could be re-cycled 

5:08 another unused agro animation

From the rampage gameplay this is OLD OLD footage and somethings such as the zombies legs moving funny would have to be adjusted if possible but we have serious stuff here that can be used to make some refreshing interesting zombies!

#9 Spook

Spook

Noob Squad

• COMMUNITY DEV
  • 125 posts
  • LocationIllinois USA

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:07 PM

Well..they aren't new..Used them in my last emulator..they are actually commented out in the Infestation coding.Putting them into Aftermath wouldn't be hard to do..But the dev's time is pretty well consumed and they can't jump on and introduce every little thing that the community wants..This is AK'S baby..I think if he decides they are worth messing with, then they may appear in game...

• Karti20 and TheMilkman like this

#10 HGHG

HGHG

Noob Squad

• 91 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:16 PM

No idea how hard new zombie skins would be, but just that would be a great fresh touch. The zombies work, that is the most important part, but some new looks would be so cool.

Again,  no idea if this is possible or not.

• TheMilkman likes this

#11 TheMilkman

TheMilkman

Noob Squad

• 112 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:50 PM

No idea how hard new zombie skins would be, but just that would be a great fresh touch. The zombies work, that is the most important part, but some new looks would be so cool.

Again,  no idea if this is possible or not.

Its possible and since all the animations and stuff are there it shouldent be that hard at all. I agree though this map patch is taking a little to much time and full focus should be on that first.

#12 mettal305

mettal305

Noob Squad

• 92 posts
  • LocationMiami FL

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:59 PM

Warz used to be to best man i got really nice memories, but they let them get run my cheaters sad but true

#13 BadCFM

BadCFM

Fresh Meat

• NEW USER
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:10 AM

Yeah that would be so cool. Although I would change the appearance of the zombies like their looks. They have been looking exact same for like what 5 years? For sakes change their voices.... 

#14 Patchs

Patchs

Lead Artist

• 77 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:12 AM

unfortunately probably wont redo or update any zombie textures much.  Dont have access to the psds or highpoly models for them.  Makes it a bit hard to do any good serious texture changes without those.  Maybe change tints and change some patterns on cloths but beyond that dosnt really look that good and not worth it. The most I have done lately (will be in patch) was make the eyes, skins tints similar, and fixed up the materials a bit on them.  None of the materials where setup right previously.

• Dukeh likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users