Future Of The Aftermath

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

#61 ImL3git

ImL3git

Fresh Meat

• 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:58 PM

It has literally nothing with what I just said but let's said that you are right and end this childish fight over here thanks and good night

:)

• KennethGek and Gustavoles like this

#62 CrossfireSRB

CrossfireSRB

Aftermath Old Gods

• 225 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

Only Israelian guys I played with are Lemon, ProBro, Rom and BeastBoy. 

Drop said I played with you before. Okay, so you're one of them first 3. 

And all of you got banned on all accounts. 

Thanks and good night. 

#63 MichaelQ

MichaelQ

Noob Squad

• 59 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:59 PM

Been watching you for a long time since the beginning of your WarZ streams. Always supported you no matter what you were doing. Sad to see this happen, as most of us are probably thinking the game will die and never come back. Maybe hop on twitch and stream for us every once in a while and say what's up, and tell us about what you've been up to! Good luck with your future Artemis, and thanks for all the good times!

• StarGeneral likes this

#64 HGHG

HGHG

Noob Squad

• 107 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:02 PM

and you guys are still arguing with eachother..  how are you not tired of it?  you wont solve anything by typing to eachother so just stop. god

#65 Havi

Havi

Too much Monday, not enough coffee

• 2,537 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:41 PM

Keep your hate speeches for yourself, I don't allow them. You need to respect a human being making a decision for himself.

• mark_belarus likes this

#66 mark_belarus

mark_belarus

Fresh Meat

• 35 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

Keep your hate speeches for yourself, I don't allow them. You need to respect a human being making a decision for himself.

Hey do you by any chance know if the game will live or not?

#67 Miniscozzie

Miniscozzie

The Skyshatter King

• 871 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:50 PM

Not anymore than any of us I would imagine. The game will be at the mercy of Sergey and Co. My bets are they'll keep it up with heavy monitisation until it's not longer profitable. 

• Karti20 and MichaelQ like this

#68 zombiebobhunter

zombiebobhunter

Fresh Meat

• 29 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:41 PM

Hes gonme with the wind now

#69 sergeytitov

sergeytitov

Tour Guide

• ADMIN
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:30 PM

Hmmm,

While I never planned to go to Aftermath forums - it was Adam's game by now after all, but I'm little worried about some misinformation that was presented by Adam to you guys.

So let me just go over what's going on with Aftermath :

1) By 2016 game was dead and company that owned it's IP - Free Reign East ( joint venture between original WarZ IP owners, akrtos and investors ) decided to close game. Unfortunately even though we invested significant ( millions )resources in development and operating game, we failed to make game that was retaining users. It wasn't really about money, it was about simple fact that whatever we did, it didn't worked for players.

2) Adam played large role in designing Aftermath and operating it, and he basically came to me and said - Sergey, what do you think if I'll try to resurrect game, pretty much like Fredaikis did with NewZ. I said - okay lets try, but you're on your own, do whatever you want with game.

3) Plan was to resurrect game, and if game is performing well financially with smaller user base, game will be renamed and launched on Steam.

4) Adam invited some of the original aftermath team members to join him. Not all, but some agreed and I blessed that they will spend some time on a game.

5) Unfortunately over 2017 game was unable to show that it can survive - it didn't grow users wise, and clearly financially it wasn't even successful - it barely covered servers costs, not bringing any reasonable compensation to Adam or other people who worked on it.

6) By end of 2017 I told Adam that it's been a year almost for that experiment and if he wants to go forward, he needs to do it more formally, taking full responsibility for all game costs and operations. Ie - once again basically move to licensed game model as Fredaikis.

7) At that time Adam already knew that most of the development Arktos been doing have shifted to other teams, and "warz" us based team is basically getting disbanded. Very few members was offered opportunity to join other teams to work on new titles.

8) So he basically did two things - first he resigned from the company, and second he basically abandoned Aftermath, saying he doesn't want to have responsibility over this project. It make sense btw as game wasn't going anywhere and it clearly wasn't been covering time and resources Adam put into it.

But instead of saying just that - he decided to choose different narrative, for some reason moving responsibilities to Aftermath's future to Arktos.

Just to be clear - Arktos was NEVER involved in development or operation of this version of the game. So we can not do anything with it. 

As of right now Adam basically notified other members of his aftermath team that he's not going to pay or support operations of the game anymore and they can do that themselves if they want to. This means basically that after relatively short period of time - after servers already paid up will be up for renewal - they will not be renewed unless somebody will take over game.

I personally wishes Adam good luck in whatever this "next chapter" will be, and hope he will return to streaming - place where his passion and expertise are.

Edited by sergeytitov, 15 February 2018 - 05:33 PM.

#70 Sotra

Sotra

Fresh Meat

• 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:11 PM

Time to waste GI again lol, unlucky @sergeytitov, you have a greate game, sad to see it die. And all luck to AK and his adventures aswell, thanks for taking your time to host an awsome game. 

#71 LеmonHaze

LеmonHaze

Noob Squad

• 52 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:46 PM

Sergey at least u got some money or did not u get anything?

#72 sergeytitov

sergeytitov

Tour Guide

• ADMIN
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:59 PM

@LemonHaze - no we didn't made money on it. I also doubt ppl who worked on it including Adam did. Very few players played game or spent money for it to cover anything. Basically for a whole 2017 game didn't made enough money to even cover even basic below poverty level pay to anyone who worked on it.

Adam did ran game, and at the end he decided he doesn't want to do it anymore. I have no idea what will happens to it next, if people who worked with Adam will decide to continue to work on it or not.

One more time - neither Arktos, nor me personally are not working or associated with this game Adam ran.

It's just he posted some speculations suggesting "game is in Arktos hands" - no it's not and never been. Game that Arktos was involved with was taken offline and died in 2016.

#73 Dukeh

Dukeh

I Love Aftermath

• 1,031 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:02 PM

@LemonHaze - no we didn't made money on it. I also doubt ppl who worked on it including Adam did. Very few players played game or spent money for it to cover anything. Basically for a whole 2017 game didn't made enough money to even cover even basic below poverty level pay to anyone who worked on it.

Adam did ran game, and at the end he decided he doesn't want to do it anymore. I have no idea what will happens to it next, if people who worked with Adam will decide to continue to work on it or not.

One more time - neither Arktos, nor me personally are not working or associated with this game Adam ran.

It's just he posted some speculations suggesting "game is in Arktos hands" - no it's not and never been. Game that Arktos was involved with was taken offline and died in 2016.

He stated multiple times he merely did it as a hobby though. As i understood it, noone was expecting to get paid and everyone who worked on it did so in their free time. So why talk about wages? Its irrelevant.
I also thought you were still in charge of the finencial part, while AK just worked with full creative control. Do i now have to assume that is not true, as you don't know if he made money from it or not? I'm guessing he didnt write his own paychecks.

Edited by Dukeh, 15 February 2018 - 08:09 PM.

#74 Prevest

Prevest

Tour Guide

• TRANSLATOR
  • 480 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:09 PM

Hmmm,

While I never planned to go to Aftermath forums - it was Adam's game by now after all, but I'm little worried about some misinformation that was presented by Adam to you guys.

So let me just go over what's going on with Aftermath :

1) By 2016 game was dead and company that owned it's IP - Free Reign East ( joint venture between original WarZ IP owners, akrtos and investors ) decided to close game. Unfortunately even though we invested significant ( millions )resources in development and operating game, we failed to make game that was retaining users. It wasn't really about money, it was about simple fact that whatever we did, it didn't worked for players.

2) Adam played large role in designing Aftermath and operating it, and he basically came to me and said - Sergey, what do you think if I'll try to resurrect game, pretty much like Fredaikis did with NewZ. I said - okay lets try, but you're on your own, do whatever you want with game.

3) Plan was to resurrect game, and if game is performing well financially with smaller user base, game will be renamed and launched on Steam.

4) Adam invited some of the original aftermath team members to join him. Not all, but some agreed and I blessed that they will spend some time on a game.

5) Unfortunately over 2017 game was unable to show that it can survive - it didn't grow users wise, and clearly financially it wasn't even successful - it barely covered servers costs, not bringing any reasonable compensation to Adam or other people who worked on it.

6) By end of 2017 I told Adam that it's been a year almost for that experiment and if he wants to go forward, he needs to do it more formally, taking full responsibility for all game costs and operations. Ie - once again basically move to licensed game model as Fredaikis.

7) At that time Adam already knew that most of the development Arktos been doing have shifted to other teams, and "warz" us based team is basically getting disbanded. Very few members was offered opportunity to join other teams to work on new titles.

8) So he basically did two things - first he resigned from the company, and second he basically abandoned Aftermath, saying he doesn't want to have responsibility over this project. It make sense btw as game wasn't going anywhere and it clearly wasn't been covering time and resources Adam put into it.

But instead of saying just that - he decided to choose different narrative, for some reason moving responsibilities to Aftermath's future to Arktos.

Just to be clear - Arktos was NEVER involved in development or operation of this version of the game. So we can not do anything with it. 

As of right now Adam basically notified other members of his aftermath team that he's not going to pay or support operations of the game anymore and they can do that themselves if they want to. This means basically that after relatively short period of time - after servers already paid up will be up for renewal - they will not be renewed unless somebody will take over game.

I personally wishes Adam good luck in whatever this "next chapter" will be, and hope he will return to streaming - place where his passion and expertise are.

Есть ли вероятность, что игру возьмут под крыло ?
Чей тогда это проект ?
Сколько сервера еще будут работать ?

Кому поступают деньги от доната ?
Кому принадлежат авторские права на игру ?

Edited by Prevest, 15 February 2018 - 08:10 PM.

• ZM_yaNochka likes this

#75 sergeytitov

sergeytitov

Tour Guide

• ADMIN
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:30 PM

@Dukeh  - Adam and other ppl working on the game was receiving percentage of the revenues generated by the game with hope that it will make enough money eventually to allow them to work on it fulltime.

So yes we ( Free Reign ) basically received payments from players, and sent money to Adam and other stakeholders.

When I'm saying I don't think he made money what I mean is that I don't think he made enough money from this for that to became fulltime effort - like it did for the NewZ and Fredaikis.

Once again - my point is very simple - with Adam leaving aftermath, please do not expect that anything will be happening with the game in a future. Not until at least reaming members of the aftermath team who worked with Adam on it will issue any statement.

#76 Limber

Limber

Fresh Meat

• 15 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:33 PM

This game is just like diamond but the truth is u failed to understand this.
Have a nice day!

#77 sergeytitov

sergeytitov

Tour Guide

• ADMIN
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:40 PM

@Prevest

Игру некому брать "под крыло". Адам попытался ее оживить, но это не вышло и он ее бросил. В игру никто не играет, денег она тоже не приносит.

Я не знаю насколько времени оплачены сервера и кто будет этим заниматься. Это раньше делал Адам. Сейчас это не делает никто естественно. Очевидно что все те кто купил там рентованные сервера недавно смогут играть в игру до того момента как срок аренды истечет.

#78 Andy Guns

Andy Guns

Survivor

• 152 posts
  • LocationBRASIL : BRUSQUE SC

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:19 AM

Which of the girls deleted my post?

Can not you speak truth here?

:P  :P  :P  :P  :P

#79 Prevest

Prevest

Tour Guide

• TRANSLATOR
  • 480 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:50 AM

@Prevest

Игру некому брать "под крыло". Адам попытался ее оживить, но это не вышло и он ее бросил. В игру никто не играет, денег она тоже не приносит.

Я не знаю насколько времени оплачены сервера и кто будет этим заниматься. Это раньше делал Адам. Сейчас это не делает никто естественно. Очевидно что все те кто купил там рентованные сервера недавно смогут играть в игру до того момента как срок аренды истечет.

Вы можете ответить более подробно и конкретно на вопросы 2,4,5 ?

• ZM_yaNochka likes this

#80 Zeloooh

Zeloooh

Noob Squad

• 77 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:48 AM

we talk about Shattered Skies, who died and you took her back, and you've heard millions too ... and I think SS was not as profitable 👍🏽
  • Danielcag likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users