• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#1 sergeytitov

sergeytitov

Tour Guide

• 391 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:10 PM

Hey everyone !

Not long time ago we've made post about changes we're going to introduce to the game, and based on your comments, we've failed to clearly describe our goals and how exactly features will work. This led to some misconceptions, I'd like to address.

1. Since you won't lose all items when you die anymore, it will take away excitement for players who have killed you, and they won't be able to "live off the kill" anymore.

While yes, it'll be much safer and more "carebear" so to say for players, when you die you still will lose some of the valuables and we think system we planned for creates pretty good balance between "losing it all" anger and "death doesn't mean anything, I'll just respawn" situations.

So to clarify - when you die, you'll lose :

- One repair attempt on your weapons equipped in primary and secondary slots plus some damage will be applied.

- you lose your armor.

- you lose at least 50% of your ammo - we will adjust % based on feedback.

- You lose all of your crafting materials, as well as Parts and Tools items.

- You will lose several RANDOM items from your inventory - so even though you keep most of your stuff, you never know if you going to lose your super valuable item or not,

Backpack with loot will be spawned in a world, so player who made kill, will be able to pick up :

- Guns that were equipped in primary and secondary slots, with no repair slots left and some damage applied to the gun ( so it will not be in 100% condition )

- you're getting ammo

- Armor that other players had in armor slots with 50% damage applied to the condition they were.

- All crafting materials

- Some random items that been in a killed player backpack.

So pretty much you're getting stuff you need to continue to play, yet killed person is not grieved that much.

We WILL adjust those numbers as we go - so most likely everyone will be satisfied at the end.

2. Devs want game to be only about crafting, so we won't be able to find anymore items and if we want to play PVP we'll need to craft everything which is boring.

We don't want to take away from you ability to find loot, and we definitely do not want to turn game into bum simulator :). What we want to do is to add for seasoned players, who have travelled around the map and found all blueprints ability to craft what they need for immediate survival and PVP/PVe action on a spot.

If you need more ammo - boom - you have recipe for that. If you suddenly do not have gun - boom you have recipe for that. you need more meds - boom - done.

Goal is to make sure that players who invested more time into playing game and explored world will have this advantage over other players. Give you something to work towards by making your character more "veteran".

YET - if you do not want to do any of those things - you don't need too. First you can still loot things. Second you can go and grab very rare and awesome ammo, guns, meds, food from supply drops ( and not you don't need spent "tokens" or pay for that :))) ). Or you can just go to survivor Exchange that can be found in every safezone and all "cleared" towns and buy items that other players wanted to sell.

So bottom line - loot will be still there, yet "factory manufactured" items will be much more rare creating actually more value for them - both in terms if their stats, and for how much you can sell them if you need to at Survivor Exchange.

3. I can't just do PVP without participating in PVE events first.  

Totally not true ! Whole world is still PVP friendly zone, and we're working on building several places specifically designed solely for PVP type of gameplay. Think of Clearview on steroids. PVE players will be warned and stay away ( unless they want to get into the trouble ) of those areas, and PVP players will be able to enjoy unrestricted PVP fun.

And yes on top of that - our "clear town from zombies" PVE meta game events, will also have very cool PVP mechanic - once town is cleared supply drops start popping up several times and hour, providing with very cool weapons, meds, food, ammo, armor items that are super hard to find in a world anyways,. And if you're PVP player or group of bandits - you do not need to participate in any other activities - just wait til supply drop is happened ( and it will be clearly marked on the map ) and go there to fight for your loot ! 

4. Grouping is nearly impossible, and new reputation system punishes PVP players.  

Okay let me start with good news - we've cut almost all designs for new reputation system. While we still allow other players to see how many players you have killed in a recent days - so players will know who is around them all the time.

Grouping UI is being made right now. We'll basically allow you to see all groups on server and apply to join them, you'll be able to create new group and invite players either by typing their names Or just by selecting players who is found around you ( you won't see their locations until they join group - just list of players who are in your vicinity and their "kills count" ).

5. Our accounts will be wiped and we will have to repurchase game  

We will not wipe accounts of Alpha players, and you will not need to buy game. Aftermath will be free game available to everyone.

I hope this would answer most of your questions at the moment

• Tolemak, Xzizz, RUF RHINO and 1 other like this

#2 Xzizz

Xzizz

Noob Squad

• 62 posts
  • LocationMoscow sity

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:24 PM

In our RU community we are bad explain everything , could you make a more knowledgeable community. I'm sure the message from your lips would do not a little PR for the game.
http://www.aftermath.su/
https://vk.com/aftermath_su
Sorry BAD English

Edited by Xzizz, 23 June 2015 - 08:37 PM.

#3 StarGeneral

StarGeneral

Fresh Meat

• 33 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:31 PM

Thanks for this clarification Sergey, glad to see you guys have a clear direction you are moving in. Looking forward to this! Sounds like its going to be a lot of fun once you guys get everything worked out :)

• ImQuick likes this

#4 Tolemak

Tolemak

Fresh Meat

• 40 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:48 PM

thanks for your attention, Sergey! cheers to u, AK and all the team ^^

• ImQuick likes this

#5 Silent Killer

Silent Killer

Fresh Meat

• NEW USER
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:46 PM

I wanna play The War Z Alpha :(, Artemis said if i start playing this i'll feel the Alpha feelings from The War Z, i am not feeling this. Sorry.

#6 RUF RHINO

RUF RHINO

I Love Aftermath

• 554 posts
  • LocationVictory Ville

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:23 PM

will there be a new map?

#7 smokedog74

smokedog74

Noob Squad

• 114 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:52 PM

When you say you'll "lose several RANDOM items from your inventory" do you mean GI? or backpack?

And thx for clearing this all up.

#8 Whargoulie

Whargoulie

Noob Squad

• 53 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:13 PM

When you say you'll "lose several RANDOM items from your inventory" do you mean GI? or backpack?

He was referring to the inventory you carry around with you (your backpack)

#9 Dimples

Dimples

Survivor

• 239 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Australia

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:36 PM

Are there still going to be pve servers?

#10 Serj

Serj

Noob Squad

• 55 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:16 AM

Sergey, we need a third person like iss, for better pvp.

Edited by Serj, 24 June 2015 - 12:16 AM.

#11 Chuc

Chuc

Tour Guide

• 491 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:55 AM

Sergey, we need a third person like iss, for better pvp.

Third person makes it to easy for people get rid of it for better pvp and put lean into first person

Edited by Chuc, 24 June 2015 - 03:55 AM.

#12 sergeytitov

sergeytitov

Tour Guide

• 391 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:50 AM

Items from your backpack.

#13 sergeytitov

sergeytitov

Tour Guide

• 391 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:50 AM

Are there still going to be pve servers?

We're not yet decided on this yet. If we'll have enough players who will want that then yes.

#14 sergeytitov

sergeytitov

Tour Guide

• 391 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:52 AM

вот совсем не уверен. Те по мне так TPS в шутере это конечно читерство ( сказал человек который сделал tps шутер war inc :) ).

Сейчакс камера в TPS она идеальна именно для исследования мира, а стрелять - это в FP.

#15 Chuc

Chuc

Tour Guide

• 491 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:03 AM

We're not yet decided on this yet. If we'll have enough players who will want that then yes.

So will there be pve servers in beta to find out or are you going to have a vote or something in the forums

#16 AimBob

AimBob

Noob Squad

• 139 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:35 AM

There is a third person view.

Can you explain why you think a more 'around corner peekable' third person view will help for better pvp?

Edited by AimBob, 24 June 2015 - 07:36 AM.

• gjdunga likes this

#17 AimBob

AimBob

Noob Squad

• 139 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:45 AM

Hey everyone !

Thanks Sergey for explaining the plans in greater detail.

1) Item loss on death
I still don't understanding why this needs to be changed.
Were there actually players complaining about losing gear when they're killed?

2) Crafting focused
Not a great fan of this, rather find loot. Depending on the amount of non materials found, this shouldn't have to be a bad thing.

If gun spawns are very rare, Tools and Parts have to drop plenty in order to make weapons. If it takes 1 hour to find 6 parts, I'd probably quit as soon as my parts run out from my GI.

3) PVE metagame
Not looking forward in having to group with others and getting killed by my 'forced teammates' (can't solo a town from zombies, so you have to group) after doing all the work. Or getting killed by strangers lurking waiting untill you finish.

If it could be made so a solo player could do this aswell, then it wouldn't force me to join strangers.

#18 G-TIX

G-TIX

I Love Aftermath

• 647 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:26 AM

There is a third person view.

Can you explain why you think a more 'around corner peekable' third person view will help for better pvp?

i can tell you are new to this company and the past.

#19 Chowder

Chowder

Noob Squad

• 80 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:34 PM

that would only make the pvp experience worse...

#20 Tolemak

Tolemak

Fresh Meat

• 40 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:43 PM

no, just no. no third person like I:SS, and it doest NOT make a better pvp. there are some deeps discussion in aftermath and I:SS forums about this.

• Chowder likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users