• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

lost but not forgotten

• COMMUNITY DEV
  • 667,338 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:25 PM

Want to discuss Shattered Skies?  Check out the official forums here!  http://forum.playshatteredskies.com/

Free Reign Entertainment is proud to announce a trilogy of games set for release between 2016-2017 featuring the Rise of the Badlands universe.  Rise of the Badlands has been in development since 2014 and is a completely separate game world that has no association with WarZ/Infestation/Aftermath etc.  We held a very brief initial stress test of the new engine technology in November 2014.  We realized at the time that ROTB was just not quite as optimized and fun as we had hoped so we went back to the drawing board and are quite excited about the results!  

Set in a dense woodland forest theme with snow capped mountains surrounding the valley, you are dumped into Shattered Skies.  A next level open world survival sandbox looter shooter set post meteoric impact with enough eye candy to make you drool for more as humanity struggles to survive.  Shattered Skies is a one time purchase "old school style" FPS/TPS survival game focused on core gameplay mechanics and has 0 microtransactions, DLC's, season passes etc!

For more information on how to participate in the Alpha and Beta check out the official website found here: http://playshatteredskies.com/

As a thank you to all our early supporters in addition to the 45-60% discount already available for Shattered Skies pre-orders we are offering an additional 10% discount that is valid until March 25thSimply enter the promo code EARLYBIRD16 upon checkout for an additional 10% off!  

We also would like to address two most commonly asked questions on Facebook regarding Shattered Skies announcement:

Aftermath & Future Development - It is not going to be abandoned, we will continue to work on the game and as many of you know in the last few months we have fixed a ton of bugs and balance issues as well as vastly improved our anti-cheat system and implemented friend functionality - both of which would not be possible without borrowing work that was done for Rise of the Badlands and Shattered Skies.  The fact that we have this big independent project going on behind the scenes has helped Aftermath as well because by itself it does not have the financial resources for this level of work.  We also just recently released a new map for Aftermath that addresses optimization issues that we had with the original gigantic Arizona map as well as the environment theme change.  The overall feedback from the community was that the Arizona map was too large and the desert theme was not as much fun as the forest theme.  

cleardot.gif

Is Shattered Skies like War-Z or Aftermath?  - This is a tricky question to answer simply because they are in the same 'Looter Shooter' style of universe.  They are the same in the same way that a Honda is a BMW.  They are both cars, they both drive, they are enjoyable and can get you from point A to B.  Shattered Skies offers no rules full item drop PVP, reputation, scavenging items and the like that are all familiar cards in a Survival Game.  It differs however in the deep theme of Shattered Skies.  The world has been completely destroyed by the impact, you can tell the towns have been through hell, there are new monsters that are more vicious and dangerous than ever and entirely new epic loots to collect.  We're also adding a whole new end game meta by introducing boss fights, summonings and group missions.  We want to really expand on the MMO aspect of the survival world and we hope Shattered Skies can bring all the things everyone has been wanting in a Survival game to life as well as much, much more!  

NtDYGL6.jpg

• Havi likes this

#2 HellVenge

HellVenge

Old Veteran since War Z

• TRANSLATOR
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:29 PM

Where I should put the code?

#3 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

lost but not forgotten

• COMMUNITY DEV
  • 667,338 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:45 PM

Where I should put the code?

During checkout at the bottom of the page there is a an area to enter codes titled "Have a Promo Code?" 

#4 HellVenge

HellVenge

Old Veteran since War Z

• TRANSLATOR
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:48 PM

During checkout at the bottom of the page there is a an area to enter codes titled "Have a Promo Code?" 

Still couldn't find it artemis, if you take a screenshot i'd be thankful <3

#5 instanthotmilf

instanthotmilf

Tour Guide

• 395 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:49 PM

shattered skies forum : sign in doesnt work properly

#6 Artemis Knives

Artemis Knives

lost but not forgotten

• COMMUNITY DEV
  • 667,338 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:54 PM

4pKZKua.jpg

#7 HellVenge

HellVenge

Old Veteran since War Z

• TRANSLATOR
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:07 AM

found it, thank you artemis... now i must figure out a way to pay since i can't pay on internet .-.

Edited by HellVenge, 17 March 2016 - 12:08 AM.

#8 HellVenge

HellVenge

Old Veteran since War Z

• TRANSLATOR
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:45 AM

Artemis, I got another question.

What we're getting right now for buying it, an account? a key? what?

#9 matoka

matoka

Fresh Meat

• NEW USER
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:08 AM

доброго времени суток я так полагаю я не успел применить свой ключ (( 

#10 lickmyoreoo

lickmyoreoo

Noob Squad

• 69 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:16 AM

one question. will there be cool snipers in this game or no?

survival games without snipers are boring tbh....

look at the old dayz and warz. these games were so succesfull because there were so many cool guns.

thats all nerds care about.

LOTS OF COOL GUNS TO HUNT AND BATTLE EACH OTHER :)

#11 Jok3rSmok3r

Jok3rSmok3r

Fresh Meat

• 45 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:45 AM

Hi Artemis can you plz extend the special time not all of us have money left this time, plz extend to 2de of April so we can stil buy it when we get payed.  

#12 St1ke

St1ke

Fresh Meat

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:52 AM

Maybe u tell me about this topic http://forum.willyou...full-inventory/

#13 HellVenge

HellVenge

Old Veteran since War Z

• TRANSLATOR
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 17 March 2016 - 10:44 AM

Ready. I bought the golden package :)

#14 x8462320

x8462320

Fresh Meat

• 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 11:55 AM

wtb,,,,,,,,,,,,,

#15 lybert

lybert

Fresh Meat

• 23 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:10 PM

why do you guys keep relasing alpa game when you do the same all the time. you get people to buy your shit and then you stop workin on then, 

• RadmenPL, Raymolfin, ImQuick and 1 other like this

#16 Raymolfin

Raymolfin

I Love Aftermath

• 548 posts
  • LocationMoms basement.

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:20 PM

why do you guys keep relasing alpa game when you do the same all the time. you get people to buy your shit and then you stop workin on then, 

In alot of ways true, waste of potential.

#17 TheDuke

TheDuke

Survivor

• 203 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:22 PM

I hope this game makes you a lot of money which i hope you will use in the development of Aftermath.

#18 Sasuu

Sasuu

Noob Squad

• 100 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:24 PM

So you guys wont really make new guns or new animations for this game, since it costs to much to do so, but yet, willing to make an entire new game series.. makes great sense.

• ImQuick, Interfector and Murphcanix like this

#19 ImQuick

ImQuick

I Love Aftermath

• 752 posts
  • LocationOut killing a bambi...

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:35 PM

So you guys wont really make new guns or new animations for this game, since it costs to much to do so, but yet, willing to make an entire new game series.. makes great sense.

I also don't get that part.

#20 Cheapsalsa

Cheapsalsa

Fresh Meat

• 32 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:27 PM

I'm excited to play the new game. I have enjoyed all of the prior games developed by this group just because I like the genre.

I can't say I'm exactly excited to see that Aftermath will not necessarily be "finished" like it should have been. I appreciate that it will continue to be supported unlike some games like Nether. However it seems like every time I get to the point in one of these games where I might consider myself elite because of my gameplay knowledge and resources, a new game comes out.

I will still play both games but I should have expected this. Glad I didn't buy anymore GC recently..

EDIT:

As a freshman student in a video game design degree, I guess I can understand why they would want to develop a new game on this fresh Engine technology. Honestly the engine aftermath runs off of has passed its time. So the new game immediately has more potential because of what is available to the devs now.

But my disappointment in the future of Aftermath still stands.

Edited by Cheapsalsa, 17 March 2016 - 03:33 PM.

• Murphcanix likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users